Installing side to side level on front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing side to side level on front

We purchased a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK earlier this year and love it. I would like to install a side to side level on the front. This would require screws into to front of the unit. Any concerns?

I have seen folks install their level down low on the front plate that is part of the frame. I would think screws in there would be fine. I would be reluctant to put screws into the rock guard or front cap for a level.

I still have to put mine on. I am planning to mount the side to side on the rear with adhesive. My wife always helps me with the side to side and putting it at the rear is more convenient for where she is stationed with a walkie talkie when getting into a site.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Thanks for the input however, we do a lot of boondocking and I would like to be able to see the level from my rear view mirror.

Comment

I'd consider mounting the level with a strong two sided tape.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Sissysfolks View Post
          Thanks for the input however, we do a lot of boondocking and I would like to be able to see the level from my rear view mirror.
          If you want to see your level status from the truck, the Level Mate Pro works exceptionally well. I see they now have a wrist watch version.

https://logicbluetech.com/levelmatepro/

Jim

Comment

I went with the Levelmate pro as well. Took a little while to get used to it. (Sometimes it measure different than you expect. Like instead of telling you your right side is high 1 inch, it tells you your left is low 1 inch)

I use an anderson levelers (well, the Generic Camco version) so I just slowly back onto them watching the phone on my dash mount.

I figured I spent $25k on the trailer, I could spring $100 for a decent level that I didn't have to work hard on.
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
              I went with the Levelmate pro as well. Took a little while to get used to it. (Sometimes it measure different than you expect. Like instead of telling you your right side is high 1 inch, it tells you your left is low 1 inch)

I use an anderson levelers (well, the Generic Camco version) so I just slowly back onto them watching the phone on my dash mount.

I figured I spent $25k on the trailer, I could spring $100 for a decent level that I didn't have to work hard on.
              Another vote(?) for the LevelMatePro. Great little gadget combined with something like Anderson levelers. The new LevelMatePro+ looks like it can be connected to a hard-wired power source, too. Nice.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

$25k for the 2800BH!? I wish! Darn Canadian dollar and extra cost to get the unit up north
                2019 Imagine 2400BH
                2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

$25k for the 2800BH!? I wish! Darn Canadian dollar and extra cost to get the unit up north
                  It's used, someone else paid for the depreciation. (It was advertised as 19k, but I let them talk me into some warranties and that 19k didn't include sales tax, title, and prep)
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Sissysfolks View Post
                    We purchased a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK earlier this year and love it. I would like to install a side to side level on the front. This would require screws into to front of the unit. Any concerns?
                    I've always installed mine on the back bumper since your talking about port and starboard not bow to stern. I've mounted two 10" levels, one on port side and one on starboard side of the rear bumper, spaced evenly with super glue. I realize that putting just one, centered, on the rear bumper would probably work fine, I'm just kind of OCD that way. Works Great, been there a long time. Seems that the trick is to make sure that you are on true level ground, or compensated level ground when you install it/them to establish a true standard or the level will never give you an accurate reading. Good Luck.
                    Dave and Sue
                    2020 GD 2250RK
                    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Use glue or adhesive. Avoid drilling holes where water can be forced in. However, another vote for the levelmate pro. The convenience factor outweighs the $100. My wife didn't want to spend the money but when I told her I valued our marriage too much, she approved the purchase. Now it's all on me! Ha. Waiting for my andersen levelers to come in (4-6 week wait) to make the leveling easier versus the adding blocks/boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Kuda View Post
                        Waiting for my andersen levelers to come in (4-6 week wait) to make the leveling easier versus the adding blocks/boards.
                        I've been very happy with the Camco one's I bought.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-444...-Lift/55635430

Note, you have to buy two. (Camco doesn't sell them in a pack of two). I paid $52 for both of them shipped to my door with 2 day shipping.

Mike

Comment

I've been very happy with the Camco one's I bought.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-444...-Lift/55635430

Note, you have to buy two. (Camco doesn't sell them in a pack of two). I paid $52 for both of them shipped to my door with 2 day shipping.
                          I also have the Camco levelers. Have used them three times with no problems. I have also had the Anderson leveler and mine cracked. The honeycomb design on the Camco makes more sense to me. The Camco ones are a shorter than the Anderson and are a bit more sensitive. But at half the price for a pair I can deal with that. Plus they are much lighter than the Anderson

I can't buy a level mate. My DW wife is my level 'mate'. Seems with every piece of technology I buy it replaces one of her jobs. She is starting to complain that I won't need her . . .
                          Mike & Lisa
                          Central Florida
                          2021 Imagine 2970RL
                          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Always look at raising the low side or the side opposite the high side. You cannot lower the high side but you can always bring up the low side. The Levelmate Pro is the single best accessory I've purchased. But on second thought, the BMV712 is right in there for 1st place too.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            X