Bicycle rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle rack

My wife and I are purchasing a new imagine 2600 RB and are looking for the best alternatives to mount a bike rack for two bicycles. Any suggestions?

We have a Swagman Semi 2.0 using it's adapter to the 2" hitch on back of our 2019 Reflection 28BH 5th wheel. Works well for our two adult size bicycles.
    Best
    Bill & Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by WWilmes View Post
      My wife and I are purchasing a new imagine 2600 RB and are looking for the best alternatives to mount a bike rack for two bicycles. Any suggestions?
      Welcome to the forum WWilmes. When you get a chance, check out the new member's letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

One of the things you'll learn from the letter is how to search this forum. For example, I looked for "bike rack" and found a thread with input from none other than our very own GDRV-Emily. You can read the thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...r-2021-imagine

Again, welcome, and as you move through the purchase process don't hesitate to post questions. That's why we're here!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Lippert Jack-It,
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post

Lippert Jack-It,
          X2 on the Jack-It. The rear bumper on the Imagine is not strong enough to support any add on components and most bike racks are also not suitable for the rear of an RV where violent motion can be encountered.

Jim

Comment

For our XLS 22mle we didn’t want to add the weight of bikes to the rear bumper or spend too much money on a solution so we came up with this idea. It’s not perfect but not too expensive. It can hold two bikes but as you can see it’s tight with the slide closed so we load one and put the other one flat in the truck bed. We can still slip by to use the bathroom if needed.

If you have an SUV as your TV you can put the bikes in the back by removing the 3rd row seats, folding up a 2nd row seat, then using the bike stand and quick release fork mounts, second photo. We did that while towing our previous two TTs with our SUV.

Transporting in the trailer, I put cushions on both sides, a rubber mat under the rear tire stand and one under the quick release fork mount. I then tether the bike with bungie cords to the dinette table support which is fairly sturdy since it also acts as a bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B557A676-98F5-4F0A-837F-4732BA889CE5.jpeg
Views:	597
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	30984

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFF5E007-607A-4580-A240-25357D911332.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	30985
            Attached Files
            2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
            2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            Andersen WDH
            Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
            2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
            2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Tigger1 ! I am waiting on a new Diamondback aluminum bed cover for our truck and the Xport item looks like a great solution for me to carry our bikes on top of the cover. A $25.00 solution instead of a $400 rail and cross bar system.
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
              X