MaxxAir - Vent Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxxAir - Vent Covers

Someone else may be able to comment about what this is like without these.....this was an upgrade we did right out of the gate.

We can leave our vents open and/or fans on in the middle of a rain storm...no water gets in. Can also leave them open driving down the road or just because it is hot in the summer (in storage)....have had zero issues. They aren't that expensive and bolt on without drilling holes into your roof. We have 3 on our Imagine 2400BH.

They do sit below the AC shroud, so no extra height added.

Apparently they come in white and smoke color.

Links to product:
    https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...covers/maxxair

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-503-1.../dp/B000UUMM6K
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 05-16-2021, 09:21 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

We made do for a while without them..... but here in Western Washington the rain starts in October and ends sometime in June so I installed the first one this afternoon and will do the other 2 vents tomorrow.
    They're not much money and everything I've heard or read says they're a "must have".
    NOT drilling into the roof was a major part of my decision whether to install them or not myself - pretty straight forward installation that anyone with reasonable handy-man skills & basic tools can do.
    Chris
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Editing post to include a link to the product on the manufacturer's website. These can be bought online in a number of places as well as places like camping world and most RV dealerships.

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...covers/maxxair

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-503-1.../dp/B000UUMM6K
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

I added these several weeks ago after having the trailer for about 9 months. Keeping the vent open and rain out prompted me to add them. Our one vent is over the kitchen area so we like to open it when cooking.

I purchased the solid black ones (not smoke) to match the other covers on the roof. An added benefit with the black is that it blocks all sunlight from coming in through the vent. Living in central Florida, this is a desirable benefit for us. Much easier to keep the inside of the trailer cool.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
          I added these several weeks ago after having the trailer for about 9 months. Keeping the vent open and rain out prompted me to add them. Our one vent is over the kitchen area so we like to open it when cooking.

I purchased the solid black ones (not smoke) to match the other covers on the roof. An added benefit with the black is that it blocks all sunlight from coming in through the vent. Living in central Florida, this is a desirable benefit for us. Much easier to keep the inside of the trailer cool.
          That's a good point. I wanted the black or smoked ones...but the dealership was out when I picked the rig up. I probably should have installed myself...but their install rate was not much and I felt like I had enough on my plate with the electrical solar: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...estions/page11

I do think the black would look nicer though. Feel free to post a pic.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

That's a good point. I wanted the black or smoked ones...but the dealership was out when I picked the rig up. I probably should have installed myself...but their install rate was not much and I felt like I had enough on my plate with the electrical solar: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...estions/page11

Here is a photo of the two vent covers.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Here is a photo of the two vent covers.
              Nice! that looks really good.
              2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

still cant find the Maxair !! smoked no one has them anywhere
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I've had both the black and white covers. They both seem to help tremendously with heat. I like the white ones as they let just enough light in to not need inside lighting during the day. No scientific data here, but I believe they did about the same amount of heat blocking.

The white ones hide on top a bit better than the dark ones, even though the dark ones match the AC covers.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Here is what our 2400bh looks like with the black and smoke vent covers. The front one over the bedroom is black, while the middle and rear covers are smoke. I like the smoke since it matches the other black hardware on the roof while still letting light through. The black cover is awesome for keeping the bedroom dark on the morning.

​​​​​​​
                    2019 Imagine 2400BH
                    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Here is what our 2400bh looks like with the black and smoke vent covers. The front one over the bedroom is black, while the middle and rear covers are smoke. I like the smoke since it matches the other black hardware on the roof while still letting light through. The black cover is awesome for keeping the bedroom dark on the morning.
                      That's a nice trailer =)
                      2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

That's a nice trailer =)
                        Right back at ya!
                        2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

I would like to find a replacement factory vent lid in white rather than black to let more light in. If anyone knows where just the factory vent lid can be purchased without buying the entire vent, it would be much appreciated. The older Imagine with dark natural oak is rich looking but also darker than a coal mine. We burn the lights even in the daytime where some additional light emitted from the vents would help. The white MaxxAir II vents help.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                            I would like to find a replacement factory vent lid in white rather than black to let more light in. If anyone knows where just the factory vent lid can be purchased without buying the entire vent, it would be much appreciated. The older Imagine with dark natural oak is rich looking but also darker than a coal mine. We burn the lights even in the daytime where some additional light emitted from the vents would help. The white MaxxAir II vents help.

Jim
                            Do you mean something like this https://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Tr...D0449-A01.html ?
                            2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
                              Sure looks like it. Thanks so much!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X