2018 Imagine 2800BH Wall delamination screws falling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Milton - This is really great news. But I want you to know the guy who really worked this for you with GDRV management was Brian. Brain's forum name is Country Campers He's been talking to GDRV since your first post.
    ok thank you for letting me know Jim

Comment

BTW, I went through a very similar issue when my wall delaminated. I never had a water leak. The adhesive just let loose over about a six foot section. The factory did a fantastic job repairing it and I've not had a problem since.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

BTW, I went through a very similar issue when my wall delaminated. I never had a water leak. The adhesive just let loose over about a six foot section. The factory did a fantastic job repairing it and I've not had a problem since.

Jim
        Im glad that worked out for you Jim, happy camping.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

That's great news. Your video was great. I was surprised to see into your trailer at the corner.

Guys - This is the same area I mentioned in my slide seal thread. I am going to go back and inspect more closely - especially the ends.
          Can you let us know how they finished your RV seal. Did they go all the way with the U channel?

Comment

Originally posted by milton1979 View Post

Can you let us know how they finished your RV seal. Did they go all the way with the U channel?
            Give me a day or two and I'll get pictures
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Milton - my top track runs full width to the edge of the side wall trim on both sides. I installed a secondary slide seal yesterday and will be posting a write up soon - need to re scale the pictures. Look for the write up in the slide out section
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Quick Update guys
                GDRV called me and they stated that both of my walls are getting replaced, now im extra worried that it will come back to me worst then before. However im staying positive and hoping that it will be delivered to me better then when i bought it.

thank you

Comment

Quick Update guys
                  GDRV called me and they stated that both of my walls are getting replaced, now im extra worried that it will come back to me worst then before. However im staying positive and hoping that it will be delivered to me better then when i bought it.

thank you
                  I have been waiting to hear if your unit went back to the factory and glad to hear that it is there. I am hopeful that you will be happy with the new walls. From what I have heard GD does an excellent job when doing repairs at the factory Service Center. We had a repair done there and it was perfect. Please keep us posted when your RV returns.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

[QUOTE=Country Campers;n48976]

I have been waiting to hear if your unit went back to the factory and glad to hear that it is there. I am hopeful that you will be happy with the new walls. From what I have heard GD does an excellent job when doing repairs at the factory Service Center. We had a repair done there and it was perfect. Please keep us posted when your RV returns.

I will let the forum know of future updates, hopefully by June i should have it back and will post photos

Comment

Quick Update guys

thank you
                      As Rob Cate&Rob and I (along with others have shared) GDRV Factory Service Center does an outstanding job at replacing walls and addressing things that we owners may not even have seen that need attention. Rob and I both had walls replaced and were very impressed with how well our 303s looked when done......better than new in many respects. No need to worry but rather look forward in excitement.

Dan
                      Dan & Carol
                      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Alright guys i need help, new update, i put eternabond throughout my roof, GD just called me and told me they will be as careful as possible cutting into it to replace the walls but if they cut the roof menbrane, i will be responsible to replace it at 6 to 7 thousand. Im not liking that at all, i put eternabond to protect my rv now its coming to bite me in the ass, im furious right now

Comment

Alright guys i need help, new update, i put eternabond throughout my roof, GD just called me and told me they will be as careful as possible cutting into it to replace the walls but if they cut the roof menbrane, i will be responsible to replace it at 6 to 7 thousand. Im not liking that at all, i put eternabond to protect my rv now its coming to bite me in the ass, im furious right now
                          Not sure what you mean about "throughout your roof". If this means down the sides into the gutter they will have to remove the gutter and all trim to remove the wall. This would be an easier process with out the eternabond tape for sure. If you have pictures of the eternabond taped areas that would be helpful to see. Like I said if it comes down over the sides and into the gutter that would be a problem in wall replacement. There is a reason why it is called eternabond, that stuff is great for sealing something but it sure is a bugger if you need to remove any of it. Hope they do not have any problems with it.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

milton1979

I can see dilemma here. They have to disconnect and roll back the roof membrane to get at the fasteners along the top of the wall. They did this for my wall replacements and rolling the membrane back into place is not as “neat” an installation as it was originally, but it has been satisfactory for several years. All this to say that this is obviously a difficult part of the process, and if they have to deal with materials other than what came from the factory, their caveat is understandable.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Not sure what you mean about "throughout your roof". If this means down the sides into the gutter they will have to remove the gutter and all trim to remove the wall. This would be an easier process with out the eternabond tape for sure. If you have pictures of the eternabond taped areas that would be helpful to see. Like I said if it comes down over the sides and into the gutter that would be a problem in wall replacement. There is a reason why it is called eternabond, that stuff is great for sealing something but it sure is a bugger if you need to remove any of it. Hope they do not have any problems with it.

Brian
                              Hi Brian, the Eternabond is done on both sides of the rv from front to back in one piece, also front cap and back. My problem is that if they had built the RV correctly I would have not been in this predicament, so why should I be responsible for any problems that they are going to run into by replacing the walls? I spent all this money and time to protect my rv from water damage and now because they did not built the rv correctly not only am i responsible to replace all that eternabond that they will be cutting, i might be responsible for replacing the roof if they cut it. It just doesn't seem fair to me.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210419-165239_Photos~2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	51257

Comment

milton1979

If you can tie the need for eternabond tape along the entire roof edge to the wall delamination, you may have an argument to be considered. Wall delamination can be caused by inadequate glue between the layers and may not necessarily involve water intrusion. Do you have any pictures of the roof edge to show where water could get in, before adding the tape?

Rob
                                Cate & Rob
                                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X