Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    milton1979

If you can tie the need for eternabond tape along the entire roof edge to the wall delamination, you may have an argument to be considered. Wall delamination can be caused by inadequate glue between the layers and may not necessarily involve water intrusion. Do you have any pictures of the roof edge to show where water could get in, before adding the tape?

Rob
    Rob please watch my video at the beginning of this post, and you will see that GD made a huge error building my wall next to the slide, major gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by milton1979 View Post

Rob please watch my video at the beginning of this post, and you will see that GD made a huge error building my wall next to the slide, major gaps.
      I have watched your video (and just watched it again) and the delamination of the wall is obvious. What I was wondering is how you tied this to needing to reinforce the corner of the roof above the gutter with eternabond tape. Were there gaps in this area that could have let water into the wall?

Ultimately, this is a negotiation between you and Grand Design. I was just interested in understanding the reason for the eternabond reinforcement of the roof corner.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I have watched your video (and just watched it again) and the delamination of the wall is obvious. What I was wondering is how you tied this to needing to reinforce the corner of the roof above the gutter with eternabond tape. Were there gaps in this area that could have let water into the wall?

Ultimately, this is a negotiation between you and Grand Design. I was just interested in understanding the reason for the eternabond reinforcement of the roof corner.

Rob

Oh ok Rob gotcha, i did the eternabond so i wouldn't need to do caulking every year, or having to worry about the caulking cracking.
        sorry for misunderstanding you.

Comment

Good news guys, they were able to save my roof, off side wall installed, and they are working on entry wall.
          thank you for your patience guys, i know i went a little of the wall there, and i apologize for that
          Happy camping everyone

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210512_185931~2_exported_166_1620941093504.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	53680
            She is home guys, thank you GDRV for taking care of me, and thank you to everyone that helped me out

The Channel along the top of the slide is different from the old one, it's also stapled to the side of the RV. Seems to be of better construction
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210513_170628_exported_2766_1620941219431~2.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	53682Click image for larger version

Name:	20210513_170549_exported_2832_1620941245576~3.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	53681

Comment

milton1979
              Happy to hear that this has been taken care of. Also glad that you are pleased with the outcome, cudos to GD for all they have done.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

milton1979 - good to hear......thanks, for the update !

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
                X