No announcement yet.

GVWR for Reflection 295RL up 1000 lbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVWR for Reflection 295RL up 1000 lbs?

I have a 2018 295RL which has a GVWR of 9995 pounds. I see the 2021 model is rated for 10995 now. I know GD de-rated this rig for some reason, as I believe it has 5100 lb axles which should result in a GVWR of around 11600 lbs (assuming a 1400 lb empty hitch weight). I don’t know of any changes that have been made since 2018 that would affect the weight limits, so I’m assuming I can safely load the rig to around 11000 lbs.

Is this a reasonable assumption? I’d hate to have to justify this if the authorities ever checked me out. I’d love to get an updated sticker with the current GVWR but I doubt GD would do that.
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Frame, springs, axles and tires all play into the GVWR. Probably hard to be sure there aren’t other changes without some digging.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by bogen2 View Post
      Is this a reasonable assumption? ... I’d love to get an updated sticker with the current GVWR but I doubt GD would do that.
      No chance of the latter, and for the "reasonable assumption" question there are way too many factors involved to really get an informed response. (Opinions, maybe, but they're worth the price you pay for them.)

If increasing the safety of your trailer while towing is a goal, that's a topic I think that can be discussed. For example, do you have disc brakes on the trailer? They make a tremendous difference (at least they did on my 315RLTS). Come to think of it, I can't remember one person posting on any forum or Facebook group that they regretted installing disc brakes. Why not do it? Obviously if the budget won't allow or the sale of the trailer (trade-in, etc) is imminent.

Food for thought. Others may have other suggestions.

Howard

P.S. The moderators have asked GD about the changes in GVWR on multiple different trailers. To date we haven't gotten a detailed response. I don't know why but trust our host has a good reason.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X