taillight lense removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taillight lense removal

I have water behind the right rear taillight lense. How do you remove the lens?

Welcome to the forum Ed. Please include the model and year of your Grand Design so that those familiar with your unit can provide a solution to your problem.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

It is a 2017 Solitude 321RL

Comment

Originally posted by Ed5901 View Post
        I have water behind the right rear taillight lense. How do you remove the lens?
        From the parts list (see attached picture), it looks like the tail light for a 2017 Solitude is a sealed LED unit. The red lens might pop off . . . I can't tell from the picture. If there are condensation water droplets inside the lens, this is probably not a problem. If there is more water than this retained by the lens (and it does not pop off), I might try drilling a small drain hole in the lower edge of the lens to let the water out. Figuring out how the water is getting in there is important because the risk is that this water will migrate through the mounting screw holes into the interior of the back wall where it will cause delamination.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017 Solitude Tail Light.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	32858
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X