Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak

Hello. I have a new Reflection 29RL fifth wheel...three weeks to possession. Took the rig out for second time last week (it rained a bit) and observed two leaks: (1) the sky light in the kitchen and (2) the corner area near the step to bedroom and fuse area (behind bathroom wall). When I did walk through we noticed no abnormalities on the roof. I’m concerned the insulation is wet in ceiling. I’m not sure where leak is originating near step. Bathroom floor is dry...shower dry. Has anyone had similar issues with their rig?

Originally posted by Doug&Kerry View Post
    Hello. I have a new Reflection 29RL fifth wheel...three weeks to possession. Took the rig out for second time last week (it rained a bit) and observed two leaks: (1) the sky light in the kitchen and (2) the corner area near the step to bedroom and fuse area (behind bathroom wall). When I did walk through we noticed no abnormalities on the roof. I’m concerned the insulation is wet in ceiling. I’m not sure where leak is originating near step. Bathroom floor is dry...shower dry. Has anyone had similar issues with their rig?
    I can’t speak to the step, but for the skylight given the time of year is it possibly condensation? This time of year I have it form on the inside of the skylight and drip down.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks. I wii check for condensation issue.

Comment

I am guessing that you have a Reflection 29RS not a 29RL , maybe?

I agree with the condensation but you also could have a leak. A closer inspection of the roof will be warranted. You will have to gently pick at the sealant around the sky light to see if any of it lifts up or there is not a good bond to the roof material. There are holding tank vents and the attic vent on the roof as well. Everything would need to be checked as water can travel in all directions.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

WRT the water on the floor near the steps . . . there are a number of possible sources for this from the "plumbing basement" behind the aft wall of the pass through storage area. This wall is designed to be easily removable (only a few screws) and is how you access many things including the on-board water pump. I would suggest removing this wall section and checking for any loose and dripping water line connections.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

WRT the water on the floor near the steps . . . there are a number of possible sources for this from the "plumbing basement" behind the aft wall of the pass through storage area. This wall is designed to be easily removable (only a few screws) and is how you access many things including the on-board water pump. I would suggest removing this wall section and checking for any loose and dripping water line connections.

Rob
            I’d second this. Our last trip out, I discovered water on the floor, near the step. I pulled the bottom drawer of the mid-ship cabinet, as the water was only on the cabinet side of the floor, so that I could see into the basement area. I found a bit of water and narrowed it down to either a leaking shower drain (we had just used the shower) or a leak in a water line. It had rained a bit, overnight, but I didn’t think that it had rained enough to leak in and cause the amount of water that I found on the floor.

I dried everything out, using a small fan that I left on all day, in the area where the drawer normally resided. We left the water off and only used tank water and the pump when we needed water. No further appearance of water by the end of the day.

I then turned on the water pump and left it on through the evening. It did not run, so that meant that there was no leak beyond the pump. The following morning, after using the shower again, there was no trace of water.

We ran the rest of the trip on tank/pump water, only hooking up and charging the exterior hose when filling the on-board tank. My project this week is to remove the basement wall, so that I have access and visibility to the area behind the Nautilus and see what I can find. My assumption, based on the above fault-elimination process, is a leak at the back of the Nautilus panel, where the water comes into the system. At least that’s my hope, as it should be relatively easy to repair.
            Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
            Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
            2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
            Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
            Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Yes...it’s a 29RS. Thanks for these tips. I will check ASAP. Appreciate the replies.

Comment

Leaks fixed. Sky light was over tightened by GD and water line not tightened behind shower. Dealer ordered new skylight and they will install when arrives. All is good. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Leaks fixed. Sky light was over tightened by GD and water line not tightened behind shower. Dealer ordered new skylight and they will install when arrives. All is good. Thanks for the replies.
                  Glad to here you got this sorted out. Please keep us posted on the new skylight install.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X