Roof Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Cleaning

We have a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. We bought it new last year. How often and what products do you use to clean the roof? Thanks Steve

Chad & Tara with Changing Lanes RV did a great episode on their YouTube channel about roof maintenance 2 weeks ago. I encourage you to watch it because there really is more to roof maintenance than just cleaning it, but the cliff notes version: use Simple Green.

Last edited by howson; 11-08-2020, 09:27 AM. Reason: Fixed YouTube link.
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve and Melissa Krosky View Post
      We have a 2020 Reflection 337RLS. We bought it new last year. How often and what products do you use to clean the roof? Thanks Steve
      I would think how often depends where it’s stored and how it’s used. If it’s stored outside or used full time I’d wash it 2-3 times a year, I store mine inside so I do it once a year. Mainly Dawn dish soap.

More important than washing it is inspecting the sealant and seams to make sure it’s all still in tact. That I do 3-4 times a year even with inside storage.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you Midwest Expectations. I did watch the whole video. Very informative. They seem to be very knowledgeable about many aspects of Grand Design.

Comment

Apparently my 2020 Reflection is an Alpha TPO roof. Will the Dicor Self Leveling caulk work OK on the Alpha roof?

Also I found it interesting that in the video he used mineral spirits to clean the caulking. I was under the impression that all of the rubber roof manufacturers recommended NOT to use an oil based product on them. Maybe using on the caulk and being careful not to get on the rubber roof is OK.
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Midwest Expectations View Post
            Chad & Tara with Changing Lanes RV did a great episode on their YouTube channel about roof maintenance 2 weeks ago. I encourage you to watch it because there really is more to roof maintenance than just cleaning it, but the cliff notes version: use Simple Green.
            Went straight to political videos.
            Last edited by howson; 11-08-2020, 09:28 AM.
            Bill Nelson

2019 Chevy Silverado with 6.2 and 10 speed trans

2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Comment

Originally posted by WNelson View Post

Went straight to political videos.
              Here's the video:
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X