Imagine 2500RL - Gutter Channels at Roof Edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2500RL - Gutter Channels at Roof Edges

In doing my roof maintenance here in Colorado this week, I noticed that the snap in beauty strips that cover the screws which fasten the channel that secures the TPO edges had started to pop off on the front. Looking a bit further, it was caused by several of these screws backing out and pushing the strip off. I tightened up about 7 or 8 screws and noticed that a few screws had never been installed. I could see the pre-fabbed holes in the aluminum channel, but, the holes had never been drilled and screwed. I want to install these last screws and hopefully not experience this again.The trailer's covered now, so:

What's the screw size? Also, we're these left out for any reason like a wiring circuit to the awning or something?

Originally posted by Mikekm1 View Post
    In doing my roof maintenance here in Colorado this week, I noticed that the snap in beauty strips that cover the screws which fasten the channel that secures the TPO edges had started to pop off on the front. Looking a bit further, it was caused by several of these screws backing out and pushing the strip off. I tightened up about 7 or 8 screws and noticed that a few screws had never been installed. I could see the pre-fabbed holes in the aluminum channel, but, the holes had never been drilled and screwed. I want to install these last screws and hopefully not experience this again.The trailer's covered now, so:

What's the screw size? Also, we're these left out for any reason like a wiring circuit to the awning or something?
    Given the highly specific nature of your question, please give GD Customer Service a call. What might be better is an email with detailed pictures showing the issue and asking for their recommendation on whether to install the "missing" screws or not.

Customer Service will also be able to advise if there's different length screws for different locations in the channel. (I suspect they are all the same...but I'd verify.)

Please post back when you get an answer so we have documentation on the forum to reference. (The power of an owners' forum is the sharing of information!)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X