No announcement yet.

What is my roof made of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine is TPO and 12 year for my 2017 model. Have not looked at the newer models for specs.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      Imagine is TPO and 12 year for my 2017 model. Have not looked at the newer models for specs.

Jim
      Everything I can find online (except the entry in the owner's manual as linked above) points to TPO on all GD trailers, including Transcend. I don't remember where I heard/read the PVC reference connected to Transcends.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Now I'm confused a bit. The material/supplier chart says Transcend has a PVC roof, but I read here also it's TPO. Also I'm preparing for doing roof maintenance, so is the Alpha sealant what I should be using? I have an xplor 221rb. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellis D View Post
          Now I'm confused a bit. The material/supplier chart says Transcend has a PVC roof, but I read here also it's TPO. Also I'm preparing for doing roof maintenance, so is the Alpha sealant what I should be using? I have an xplor 221rb. Thanks for any help.
          It would be best to contact Grand Desing Customer Service with your VIN and they will tell you what roof material that you have. There has been a few changes in the past couple years and I do not want you to get the wrong information.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have a 21 Transcend with a "Superflex" roof. My manual says only use Alpha supplied sealants
            Linda and Dan. married 30 years. Happily when we are camping! LOL!!!

Comment

Alpha Systems 18yr warranty on mine.
              2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

To reiterated some earlier advice from Country Campers Brian . . . Grand Design has gone through a number of roof membrane and sealant changes in the last couple of years. Driven by supplier changes. Best to contact them with your VIN to know exactly what you have. Your owners manual may not be accurate. BTW . . . WRT the seemingly "long" roof membrane warranty . . . this is on the membrane material and only if it was maintained properly. You might expect to get a new roll of membrane, but this "warranty" does not cover installation, which is complex, given all the things that have to be removed from the roof first or repair of the roof structure underneath if required.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X