Max Air Vent Install! [w/pics] 😎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

The drive motor shuts off based on travel restriction electrical load, whether this is caused by the cover or end of available travel. There does not appear to be any limit switch to be reached. We have one vent with a cover and two without. They all operate the same. BTW, the rain sensor works really well to close an open vent if it rains. The only need for a cover is if you want the vent to stay open in the rain.

Rob
    Being able to open the vent in the rain is certainly a plus. Our deciding factor was the hail storms that can hit in the Black Hills of SD and wanting to provide additional protection at the vents. The covers have worked well on both accounts (knock on wood).
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye76 View Post
      I installed 3 Max Air Vent Covers on my Grand Design 265BH the other day! Now we can have the vents open while on the road or during rain at the campsite! I picked the smoked lens to aid in cooling the trailer in direct sunlight. Install was a breeze... position the cover, place the brackets, lift the cover back off ensuring not to disturb the preplaced brackets, mark your holes to drill on the vent flange, drill the marked holes out with your favorite drill, install the flange bracket hardware, place the vent bolts in position on the brackets to accept the vent cover, position the vent over over the bolts and tighten it down... done deal! Right around 10 min per vent cover if you have a helper in the trailer cranking the vent open and closed as you need it to install the hardware. We camped for a few days over the weekend and it did rain, so really happy with the purchase! There is a Max Air II cover for about $10 more but it just looked like it has a little more vent size then the one we purchased. Up to you on the look I guess!

www.instagram.com/workingmanstruck
      If I may ask, what model did you install and did you find somewhere with a good price?
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
        What do u do if your electric vent cover hits the max air cover? the bathroom vent coveris manual so no problem there.
        Of course not even two camping days after posting my response to your question my fan broke. Sheesh. Apparently the mechanism breaking is not uncommon (over time) and the repair is relatively easy.

As I wrote when I installed mine, though, the engineering of this thing sure is questionable. Why not use a limit switch? Or stronger drive mechanism at minimum.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-MA10-20281K-1AF.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	drive mechanism.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	35950

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X