gutter leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutter leak

have a GD 2600RB purchased in 2016 . Went to dealer within 30 days of owning it with 2 roof leaks! back 2 times to get the first leak fixed. (6 hours of travel)! Second leak running down outside under awning. Thought it was outside so no issue. I was wrong! Back to dealer 2 times again! to fix. The wall under awning is now bulging out. Moldy smell in cabinet! They have fixed the leak in the gutter butt joint but now it leaks about 3 feet away down wall again.
    Does the whole awning/gutter need to come off? how do I fix the bulge? Believe it or not I AM being charged by the dealer!

I AM REALLY DISCOURAGED HERE AND SORRY I PURCHASED A GRAND DESIGN CAMPER. This is only one of 4 other issues I have. To make things worse the dealer no longer sells GD campers.Click image for larger version  Name:	Gutterleak.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	3559
    Last edited by dLaRoche; 09-02-2019, 06:47 PM. Reason: Picture should be rotated 90deg counter clockwise.

Originally posted by dLaRoche View Post
    Does the whole awning/gutter need to come off? how do I fix the bulge?
    Can you take a few pictures and post them here?

The mold smell does not sound good. You might want to consider finding an independent local RV maintenance company and forget about the dealer.

Grand Design's Customer Service number is 574-825-9679. I suggest giving them a call on Tuesday and see what they suggest you do at this point.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Does anyone know what the material the outer skin of Grand Design campers are made of? Is it real fiberglass thermoset resin? Or is it a fiberglass thermoplastic resin?

Comment

Can we see some detailed pictures of the OPs issue? The single supplied picture does not provide any scale so its difficult to determine how large the delamination area is.

For the video, why is the 2019 unit not in a Grand Design facility under warranty?
        Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          Can we see some detailed pictures of the OPs issue? The single supplied picture does not provide any scale so its difficult to determine how large the delamination area is.

For the video, why is the 2019 unit not in a Grand Design facility under warranty?
          For the latter question, Jim, I can only guess because of the location. RV Roof Install is in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. The video doesn't specify, but I'd guess the roof failure happened somewhere nearby. The narrator does say that GD paid for the repair which is not an unusual occurrence (hiring a sub to fix a problem).

(...drags soapbox out from the corner...) I find it interesting that no matter what is researched there's always someone saying something very negative--even RV Roof Install has a bad review on Yelp!. With that said, the issues found on that Transcend are quite disturbing. The issues on my 315 are minor in comparison, but the quality issues I've found (and fixed) IMO all stem from the same root cause--the employee pay-per-piece model of the RV industry. We've beat this horse to death in previous discussions, but the inspect-in-quality model is a flawed process that does not result in quality. That opinion and a $1 will buy you a cup of coffee at McDonald's...
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So before this goes into a battle of the builds could we please get back to the topic of the original post.

Thank you

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              So before this goes into a battle of the builds could we please get back to the topic of the original post.

Thank you

Brian
              Thanks Brian,

It would be nice to see some additional photos of the OPs issue. Both close up and zoomed out so we can get some scale.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X