Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Solitude 310GK Rain Damage

Hi,

I just brought home my new solitude two weeks ago. We had heavy rain last night with wind and when I inspected this morning I found this peeling. As you can see from one picture, we are not near trees and there are no branches down. Has anybody else seen this kind of thing before? I am going to the dealer on Thursday for some warranty work and want to address this too.

Thanks for any help.

Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2018 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

Originally posted by Bupboy View Post
    Has anybody else seen this kind of thing before?
    No, Jon, I haven't seen that failure mode on a GD trailer in the past. Almost looks like the paint didn't bond? I'm far from an expert on paint, though, so that's pure speculation on my part.

Please let us know the resolution.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I would have to agree with Howard. The skirting is Aluminum and if not treated correctly before painting the paint will peel like that. It could also have been contaminated at some point before painting. Your dealer should be able to get a new skirting piece to replace this.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks guys, I will let you know what happens.
        Jon
        2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Well, this is very odd....I was away from my rig for a few weeks and when I returned the panel was clear and had no signs of damage. I am baffled, but pleases the issue resolved.
          Jon
          2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Maybe it was there all the time once you left the dealership? It may be just some left over protective film for the panel that wasn't fully removed? I don't know, but if you have bought a self healing trailer....it's a keeper!!
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
            X