Cover for 2020 momentum 25g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover for 2020 momentum 25g

Hey gang any recommendations on a good cover,ideas to look for.would greatly appreciate!
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2017 F250 gasser
    Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

I have used the middle of the line from Camping World and have had good success on our previous TT. It did tear down on the bottom where it came in contact with the stabilizer jack end. I think we used it for about 8 winters at about $400 dollars , cheaper than the building I built.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      I have used the middle of the line from Camping World and have had good success on our previous TT. It did tear down on the bottom where it came in contact with the stabilizer jack end. I think we used it for about 8 winters at about $400 dollars , cheaper than the building I built.

Brian
      Brian. Do you keep your trailer plugged in while under the cover? I am thinking of going to a cover instead of a building.
      John and Lori
      2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Brian. Do you keep your trailer plugged in while under the cover? I am thinking of going to a cover instead of a building.
        John

I did not keep my unit plugged in while in winter storage , I also do not keep it plugged in now that it is in a building , I only plug it in when I am doing a project which these have been going on most of the winter so far. I was always in the habit of removing the battery and storing in the basement of my house during winter storage , some say that this is not required but just something that I do.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Hi John,

(Just chiming in here ) . . . if you completely disconnect the battery (not just turn off the OE battery switch) there is no need to keep the trailer plugged in. The "self discharge" rate for a lead/acid battery is less than 5% per month. Having no shore power connection to the trailer and the battery disconnected is definitely the most "fail safe" storage condition.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I like to keep the trailer plugged in but it is not under a cover. We are in it regularly and try to go out 3-4 days a month. I would like to build a cover but they seem to be getting pricey.
            John and Lori
            2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
            2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

JHC Please excuse my confusion , but are you looking for something like a carport or a physical cloth type cover, or weighing the difference? Our 22X55 metal carport was around 11K, but it is enclosed on three sides and has a lean-to for SWMBO's Prius. The base is 6 inches of "ABC" stone mix that pretty much packs on it's own. We designed it for a 45" Class A but pivoted to a 390RK-R. If you shop them with a plan in mind with a little time to play, it can be like buying any big ticket item where a commission is involved. If your serious up front and ready to go then waiting a bit can result in price dropping.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonguy View Post
                Hey gang any recommendations on a good cover,ideas to look for.would greatly appreciate!
                If your looking for a high quality breathable cover, Calmark makes a 100% Sunbrella cover made specifically for your rig. You may need a hand getting that up on the roof and if its folded properly it is easy to manage.

My cover was $900.00 shipped to my door.

Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Midwest camper I’ll givem a look!
                  2020 Momentum 25G
                  2017 F250 gasser
                  Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonguy View Post
                    Thanks Midwest camper I’ll givem a look!
                    Lyle CloseToRetirement also has considerable experience with RV covers. Possibly Lyle will chime in or you could search the forum for Lyle's posts (or PM him) as I believe he has shared feedback on RV covers before in another thread(s).

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                      JHC Please excuse my confusion , but are you looking for something like a carport or a physical cloth type cover, or weighing the difference? Our 22X55 metal carport was around 11K, but it is enclosed on three sides and has a lean-to for SWMBO's Prius. The base is 6 inches of "ABC" stone mix that pretty much packs on it's own. We designed it for a 45" Class A but pivoted to a 390RK-R. If you shop them with a plan in mind with a little time to play, it can be like buying any big ticket item where a commission is involved. If your serious up front and ready to go then waiting a bit can result in price dropping.
                      I would like a car (RV) port, 25x30 sloped to the back. Anywhere from $6500 - $9500, no sides, and crushed stone base.
                      John and Lori
                      2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Lyle CloseToRetirement also has considerable experience with RV covers. Possibly Lyle will chime in or you could search the forum for Lyle's posts (or PM him) as I believe he has shared feedback on RV covers before in another thread(s).

Dan
                        I have used a cover for the past 10 years on both my Solitude (6 years) and previous TT (4 years). I have owned 3 covers over those past 10 years, two of those covers I purchased from Camping World. My first cover I purchased for the Solitude was from another company, who no longer makes RV covers, and was not properly fitted from the supplier. Although it held up well for the year I had it in place, it was too large for the coach. The cover in place on my Solitude is going through winter number 5 this year and was the Element brand label with the Tyvek roof panel. It has held up well with only a small perforation near the entry steps (my fault for not proper prep).

Full disclosure, my Solitude is parked in a storage lot near an airport but is somewhat protected by the other rigs due to the close parking quarters. I can attest there is plenty of wind in the storage lot because October can be a challenge finding the right minimal wind day to cover it. On the roof, it seems like the slightest wind is blowing a gale and handling a 40 ft. cover can become quite challenging. It takes a minimum of two to cover the Solitude, but 3 people make it easier yet. I use an extension ladder on the rear of the RV and haul the folded, rolled cover up the ladder with ropes. Once on the roof, I move it to the front of the RV and begin the unfolding and unrolling process with as little stepping on the cover as possible.

I attribute my success in making covers last to lots of prep work. I would not consider covering the Solitude temporarily during the camping season due to the amount of prep work and much of that prep work is understanding the touch points of the cover to the RV.
                        • All the gutters are covered with tennis balls which are taped to the RV with low-residue duct tape
                        • Bumper corners, lower front corners and entry step corners are covered with pool noodles cut to size and taped with the same duct tape
                        • Ladder is wrapped in 1" pipe insulation with duct tape to secure it.
                        • With my old TV antenna, pool noodles along the edges that would make contact with the cover.
                        • AC units and roof vents have not been an issue for me to-date.
                        I have never experienced any wear spots on the RV paint but my cover fits very well with very little "flap". Most Camping World covers have a 3 year warranty which I have not needed to use during my cover ownership. Lastly, I visit the storage lot each week for about 8 weeks to cinch the straps. I find the cover straps loosen just a little during those first 8 weeks then I don't touch the cover for another 4 months when I remove it for the camping season.

Good luck on your quest to find the right cover.

-Lyle

Barb, Lyle and the two four-legged kids
                        2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
                        2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                        X