Roof bubbling on 2021 390RK-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof bubbling on 2021 390RK-R

Was up on the roof the other day doing an inspection. Is it normal for the roof membrane to bubble like this?
    Gary and Carla, "Livin' the Dream!"
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, extended cab, 8' box, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

Ours was similar to this when new and has laid down pretty flat after the first few months the following summer. You could document this with Grand Design and/or your dealer in case there is an issue down the road , but I think this is pretty typical.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It looks very similar to mine when it was new. But four years in the Arizona sunshine and it's flat now. It's still a good idea to document it.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        It looks very similar to mine when it was new. But four years in the Arizona sunshine and it's flat now. It's still a good idea to document it.

Jim
        Thanks for the response! I did send pics to GD and they did respond by telling me it's "normal" and that they did put it in my RV file. At least it's documented.
        Gary and Carla, "Livin' the Dream!"
        2021 Solitude 390RK-R
        2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, extended cab, 8' box, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

Comment

I have a 2020 Reflection 315RLTS and i have the edges of my room "loosening"; I wouldn't call it bubbling since it is consistent down both sides. Is this normal?

Alan and Karen Ader
          2020 Reflection 315RLTS
          2018 RAM 350 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
          Attached Files

Comment

awa315rlts -- your roof looks fine to me. If you could climb on my '19 315RLTS (that I've had since July '18) you'd see it is exactly the same thing.

What you should inspect is the gutter rails -- see my post on the topic here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...ults-it-s-ugly
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X