Side Cameras for 2020 Reflection 150Series | 290BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Cameras for 2020 Reflection 150Series | 290BH

We have the Furrion backup camera and wanted to purchase the side light / cameras too. How do I find out if they are pre-wired for side camera?
    If pre-wired is it an easy install?
    If they aren't is this something a Mobile Tech can do or do we need to take to the dealership?
    If a Mobile Tech can do it, are there any recommendation for a mobile tech in SE Florida Palm Beach area or near there?

Thanks,
    Kimberly

Originally posted by Kimberly Schoolcraft View Post
    We have the Furrion backup camera and wanted to purchase the side light / cameras too. How do I find out if they are pre-wired for side camera?
    If pre-wired is it an easy install?
    If they aren't is this something a Mobile Tech can do or do we need to take to the dealership?
    If a Mobile Tech can do it, are there any recommendation for a mobile tech in SE Florida Palm Beach area or near there?

Thanks,
    Kimberly
    Hi Kimberly,
    Can you document the model of the side camera you're considering? I don't have them myself, but if I remember correctly they replace a side marker on your trailer. The camera gets power from the light circuit and communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth (or something similar). I'll take a look and confirm this conjecture if you'll tell me the model you're considering.

For techs--I'd check with the campground. If the camera will install as I think it will the job won't even take an hour. Should be a simple job involving a couple of hand tools and wire splice consumables.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I installed the Furion side cameras in place of my side running lights. As Howard states, the cameras are powered with the same signal as the running lights, so if they work, then the cameras will as well. It is a very easy modification. However, if you wish to use them as security cameras while disconnected from your vehicle, then you will need to keep the running lights on, which can be accomplished by buying a simple device called Liteswich 2.0 that you can attach to the trailer cable. Or you can hack it and simply install a 10 amp fuse between 2 pins on the connector.
      John & Karen, RV Newbies
      2020 Relection 150, 260RD
      GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Comment

Thanks all, the these are the side cameras we have . I've been watching videos and yeah from the videos show, yes it get's it power from the side running lights. Seems like an easy install. Furrion Vision S Wireless RV Side Cameras: Includes 2 side cameras, Right and Left Side Running Lights with Infrared Night Vision and Wide Viewing Angle - FCE48TASL

My next question, would be what is the best place to install these. I have two possible choices see photo below.
        The first one is just above the flat part of the 5th wheel area. On the side, but the bottom part of where the bedroom is. It is about 5ft off the ground.
        The other area is on the side just behind the door and the other side sits just below a heat vent.

Not sure of the range of the camera, but I'm thinking the one that is higher up and toward the front of the RV is best? From watching videos, these seem like they have a pretty good range. The RV is 36ft.

SCHOOLCRAFT'S
        2020 Reflection 150 290BH
        2017 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberly Schoolcraft View Post
          Thanks all, the these are the side cameras we have . I've been watching videos and yeah from the videos show, yes it get's it power from the side running lights. Seems like an easy install. Furrion Vision S Wireless RV Side Cameras: Includes 2 side cameras, Right and Left Side Running Lights with Infrared Night Vision and Wide Viewing Angle - FCE48TASL

My next question, would be what is the best place to install these. I have two possible choices see photo below.
          The first one is just above the flat part of the 5th wheel area. On the side, but the bottom part of where the bedroom is. It is about 5ft off the ground.
          The other area is on the side just behind the door and the other side sits just below a heat vent.

Not sure of the range of the camera, but I'm thinking the one that is higher up and toward the front of the RV is best? From watching videos, these seem like they have a pretty good range. The RV is 36ft.

SCHOOLCRAFT'S
          2020 Reflection 150 290BH
          2017 Ford F350 Dually
          As easy as these are to install I think you could try it up high and if it does not please you then move it to the lower light. I think I would like the up high placement better but not sure how the cameras will work. Test it out and let others know how it works.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We mounted ours on the upper ones, and the view seems fine. I could try to show you a view of them, but the RV is in storage.
            John & Karen, RV Newbies
            2020 Relection 150, 260RD
            GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Comment

Working...
            X