X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Huh?

Rob
    Do your transition glasses darken sitting behind the windshield of your truck? The reason they do not is due to the UV filtering in auto glass. Transition eye glasses darken due to UV light.

If you have access to the windows of interest and your glasses do not respond to bright sunlight shining through them, it will be due to them filtering UV light which I believe will answer your question.

Why Don't My Transitions Work in the Car? (murraysopticians.co.uk)

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Do your transition glasses darken sitting behind the windshield of your truck? The reason they do not is due to the UV filtering in auto glass. Transition eye glasses darken due to UV light.

If you have access to the windows of interest and your glasses do not respond to bright sunlight shining through them, it will be due to them filtering UV light which I believe will answer your question.

Why Don't My Transitions Work in the Car? (murraysopticians.co.uk)
      Oh, OK. I don't wear Transitions lenses since polarization cannot be added to them. I use clip-on sunglasses that are polarized. Neat idea, though.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Oh, OK. I don't wear Transitions lenses since polarization cannot be added to them. I use clip-on sunglasses that are polarized. Neat idea, though.

Rob
        Thanks Rob,

Comment

Working...
        X