No announcement yet.

Spray Sealant for pipes on underbelly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Sealant for pipes on underbelly.

After dropping my underbelly, I need to reseal the areas around the pipe exit points. Anybody have any recommended products to use for this application. I'm referring to the gray spray foam that hardens.
    John & Karen, RV Newbies
    2020 Relection 150, 260RD
    GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
    After dropping my underbelly, I need to reseal the areas around the pipe exit points. Anybody have any recommended products to use for this application. I'm referring to the gray spray foam that hardens.
    I used Great Stuff Pestblock when I resealed the coroplast.

If you decide to try it, take note that this is messy material. Disposable gloves and skin/eye protection is highly recommended. It is difficult if not impossible to reuse the attached sprayer, so consider the can a "one time use" item. In other words, be ready to use as much of the contents as possible in a short time-frame. If the material hardens in the sprayer it's done...

If some of the material does spill onto the concrete or area under the trailer just let the foam harden and then it's easy to remove.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Great Stuff.JPG
Views:	952
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	38622
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD View Post
      The original sealant that GD uses is made by boring-smith its called Power Hold RV Black Foam. Comes in a 24oz can and requires a foam gun. You can fin it in their web page https://boringsmith.com/p/convenienc...t-p8hhjq69b94a
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        I used Great Stuff Pestblock when I resealed the coroplast.
        I used this same spray foam and while the foam I purchased was not black, I liked the critter repellant factor. It was used everywhere there was an opening to seal off the rig.

Jim
        Last edited by howson; 12-26-2020, 07:26 PM. Reason: Shortened quote so Jim's response is easier to read.

Comment

Great Stuff also makes a black foam sealant. https://www.greatstuff.dupont.com/pr...ose-black.html usually available at Home Depot.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Great Stuff also makes a black foam sealant. https://www.greatstuff.dupont.com/pr...ose-black.html usually available at Home Depot.

Rob
            Rob,

I did buy the black at home depot at one time but they replaced it all with the PestBlock in a tan color. Most times I shop there I rarely find exactly what I'm after.

Jim

Comment

Thanks everybody for your input. I agree that the critter repellent aspect is a nice feature.
              John & Karen, RV Newbies
              2020 Relection 150, 260RD
              GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Comment

Working...
              X