TPO Roof Cover or Roof Protectant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPO Roof Cover or Roof Protectant?

Just bought a new Reflection and want to keep my TPO roof looking good. I have to store it outdoors in Utah at a storage lot. The dealer actually talked me out of buying a RV cover. He said most of them last a season or two and then rip due to our local high winds. He recommended Camco Pro-Tec Rubber Roof Care System (cleaner and protectant) twice a year.

I’m aware that officially Alpha Systems recommends a Dawn dish soap scrub 3x-4x a year, but on my last trailer, that regiment left me with a faded roof after 2 years. Bright white turned to beige with UV damage.

I’ve used RV covers before, but they are really heavy to lift up the ladder and then somewhat precarious to take on and off 12’ above the pavement. If it’s windy, it’s a real pain.

Can anyone give some advice on how to take care of this roof beyond mild soap and water? Anyone use this Camco stuff?

Thanks
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2020 F350 6.7L Diesel SRW
    Former 2018 Imagine 2800BH

I live in Tucson, so we are quite familiar with UV issues. My 2017 is parked outside. I wash the roof per Alpha Systems directions and it is still in really good shape after 4 years and 3 months.

Kudos to your salesman with the information on the cover. I bought one for our 2014 Grand Design and it didn't even last six months before a gust of wind destroyed it.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X