Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior wax from factory?

Hello all...
    New to forum and we just took delivery of our new Momentum last Friday.

We read the exterior care part of manual and have searched the forums for an answer to the following question.

Does GD apply an initial wax to their panels prior to shipment to the dealer?
    We plan to wax twice per year and we keep the trailer inside our RV garage (a necessity here in Las Vegas in my opinion with our heat during July and August).
    However, it would be helpful to know if they applied an initial wax to the exterior in order to time our first wax.

Any feedback from someone with knowledge of GD manufacturing and delivery process would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wayne

As far as I know Grand Design does not wax the exterior of any of the models of RV's that they produce.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by numberfool View Post
      Hello all...
      New to forum and we just took delivery of our new Momentum last Friday....
      Noted that was your first post, Wayne, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Congrats on the Momentum!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the family. Having not this seen as a selling point, I seriously doubt it.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

A wax I have used (check out the YouTube channel Project Farm for a review) is Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I did 3 sides of my Solitude - ran out of time and good weather to do the North facing side - saving for springtime.
          2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
          1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
          2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Working...
          X