JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer on 5er with self leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer on 5er with self leveling

Has anybody got experience with the JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer on any of the 5er platforms that have electric self leveling? I can't find any instructions for the install on the rear jacks. Everything i found seems to reference scissor jacks or TT.

Tagged as modification because I didn't see this modification in the list.
    2020 303RLS - RAM 2500 Diesel - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Full timing

Originally posted by FindingMyPlace View Post
    Has anybody got experience with the JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer on any of the 5er platforms that have electric self leveling? I can't find any instructions for the install on the rear jacks. Everything i found seems to reference scissor jacks or TT.

Tagged as modification because I didn't see this modification in the list.
    Sorry--can't help with your specific question. I removed the "modification" tag as that is used to note the thread is listed in the Modification List excel spreadsheet maintained at https://gdrvowners.com/modifications...ification-list.

Hope you understand...if not feel free to PM me for more info.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

[QUOTE=FindingMyPlace;n40385]Has anybody got experience with the JT's Strong Arm Stabilizer on any of the 5er platforms that have electric self leveling? I can't find any instructions for the install on the rear jacks. Everything i found seems to reference scissor jacks or TT.

FindingMyPlace
      I have the JT’s on my 303 Reflection 303 5er.
      On the rear jacks, you pull the bolt holding the landing pad and mount them there. The bolts for these are in the package along with the instruction.
      See the picture of how I did mine.

Steve
      Attached Files
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

[QUOTE=Superduty;n40390]

FindingMyPlace
        On the rear jacks, you pull the bolt holding the landing pad and mount them there. The bolts for these are in the package along with the instruction.

Steve
        Thanks Steve. Have you got a picture that shows where the strut connects to the frame and how you mounted that too? I assume self tapping through the I-beam but does the strut go from the jack to the rear of the camper or from the jack to the wheel?
        2020 303RLS - RAM 2500 Diesel - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
        Full timing

Comment

See instruction TedS attached below. Page 8, fig 4 shows how I attached to the frame.
          From the jack towards the rear of the trailer.
          Last edited by Superduty; 01-18-2021, 08:37 PM. Reason: Install erro
          Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

ccd-0001455.pdf
            Here are LCI instructions. See steps 16+
            Attached Files
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

[QUOTE=Superduty;n40390]

FindingMyPlace

Steve
              Superduty
              When you installed the arms on the front, did the frame mount for the arm on the street side end up in the same place as the propane 'tee' fitting? Mine does. Curious as to your workaround for this. I'm thinking of adding a bracket to move the tee a little more towards the centre of the trailer.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott'n'Wendy;n52248]
                Originally posted by Superduty View Post

Superduty
                When you installed the arms on the front, did the frame mount for the arm on the street side end up in the same place as the propane 'tee' fitting? Mine does. Curious as to your workaround for this. I'm thinking of adding a bracket to move the tee a little more towards the centre of the trailer.
                Scott n Wendy
                I moved the LPG Fitting on mine. Reason was, I pushed on the fitting for some reason, and the screw were broken. So I just remounted it as I installed the Strong arms. I’m not sure why it did not fall off or was hanging there after hauling her down the road for many miles. I do not remember if I went forward or backwards in the re mount. I did re route the LPG hose also to tighten up the slack.

I drilled new mounting holes, and used nylon nuts for the screw replacements.

Steve
                2018 Reflection 303
                Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Working...
                X