Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanielOK24 View Post
    Rob,

We have a 2018 GD Imagine 2950RL and I'm planning on moving the spare tire to under the trailer. I have purchased a BAL Hide-A-Spare rack to mount behind the rear wheels. Right now, the only concern I have is that I will need to drop the bottom enclosure some to mount this rack, then reattach the enclosure. Do you have any suggestion or recommendations on this process?

Paul Daniel
    2018 Imagine 2950RL
    Hi Paul,

I did get the PM from you, but will answer here. I do not have an Imagine and since Jim (Midwest Camper) has already been tagged, I will not do that again (but look forward to his insight)

My experience with dropping the coroplast on my Reflection is that it is not nearly as complex as some make it out to be. It comes down easily and putting it back up is just a case of making sure that every original fastener goes back into its original hole . . . and, everything will line up as it used to.

I am not familiar with the tire carrier that you are installing, but if it mounts to the frame rails, you may need to cut away small sections of the coroplast where the carrier will bolt to the frame rails. This should not require dropping the underbelly coroplast covering.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Cate&Rob -- I think Paul Daniel meant to "tag" you. (Paul--to "tag" use the @ symbol followed by the forum name, like DanielOK24 .)

Jim, aka Guest , since you're an Imagine owner any inputs?

Anyone else that has any advice--please contribute.

Howard
      Howard,

I've seen the spare tire kits that mount under the trailer. For me I would not be interested in this but would just have the trailer spare sitting in the bed of the truck. I realize this would be a TT option most likely. Now the real question. If the spare Tire and mount is removed from the bumper, what would be GDRV's requirements for mass, and distance from the bumper in height and aft of the bumper?

And from what I also experienced, the bike rack must be approved for a trailer bumper. My bike rack is not.

For what its worth, I had seen a very nice tongue mounted bike rack on another Imagine that was next to mine at GDRV's repair center. Its called a Jack-It.

https://parts.unitedrv.com/products/...nt=Catch%20All

Jim

Comment

Thank you for the input. It's doesn't look to complicated to drop a small section if needed, but thought I would ask the question anyway. I haven't used this forum in awhile, so I'm real rusty at making post, replying to others and/or tagging others. Since he was tagged once, I'm not tagging Jim (Midwest Camper) again either. If I mess this post up, bear with me until I get the hang of it.

Comment

Working...
        X