Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to improve security for the front storage compartment on 5th wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will assume someone can get in to my storage areas if they want to ... I like the idea of an alarm. Wyze is introducing a new one for $50 that includes monitoring for a year .... https://wyze.com/core-starter-kit.html

Has enough sensors to cover both sides of basement and a motion detector for the front storage compartment ....
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

With two smart phones with one having wifi, the rig could incorporate a security system when away. Leave the one phone in the rig and take the other with you. Of course while being robbed via a smash and grab you may just lose your cell phone too.

I'm going to order new pass-through locks to get off the common key club and will leave it at that. This will stop the convenience thief where otherwise they will need to be more obvious to get in.

I'll leave plenty of old face masks laying around in the pass-through to keep them guessing.

Jim

Comment

Guest Jim, if they steal the phone, you can track them down and get your stuff back (possibly OJ style).

I suspect any RV or Cam lock company will only have XXX number of keys due to the limited number of pins in the tumbler / bible setup (the 2 main parts of a lock mechanism).
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Guest Jim, if they steal the phone, you can track them down and get your stuff back (possibly OJ style).

I suspect any RV or Cam lock company will only have XXX number of keys due to the limited number of pins in the tumbler / bible setup (the 2 main parts of a lock mechanism).
          No doubt.since there are only so many combos. But anything may be better than the CH751. Great Idea where you could activate the where's my phone app.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X