Latch Storage Clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latch Storage Clip?

Looking for recommends/suggestions on a storage clip of some kind for my T latch when it’s not in use on the front compartment.

Jeremy & Julia
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 3950BHR
    2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
    B&W Companion 25K

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Magnet...a-784598509596 Previous unit had them on the front compartment door. Was nice, did not have to fidget with the Tee thing to keep the door from busting you in the back of the head, not to mention one hand friendly and fast.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

You may have to space the magnet mentioned above out a little bit to clear the latches on the door. Some have moved the "T" to the door and the catch to the overhang , the bolt patterns are the same for both pieces. I really like the idea and may see what it takes to do that mod, thanks Jlawles2 .

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you put the magnets on the non hinge long side of the door the thumb latches and key latch with a key in it should clear. That's how the previous one was setup. You will need to cover the Tee latch holes if you change the location of the catch.
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

@Jlawles2 Thanks. I think these magnets are some of the strongest I've seen on coaches - as long as they can make direct contact. With the way this compartment door swings up, and because of the contact angle, I think it would hold but not very well. Might give it a try though.
          Jeremy & Julia
          2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
          B&W Companion 25K

Comment

Brian
            Pretty smart thinking there. I will try this first. Hopefully the bolt holes are the same.
            Jeremy & Julia
            2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
            B&W Companion 25K

Comment

Originally posted by JL428 View Post
              Brian
              Pretty smart thinking there. I will try this first. Hopefully the bolt holes are the same.
              Just a note when you are tagging someone use there user name which is on the left of the post like yours JL428 . The "Brian" that you are tagging will be confused , if he still is around , as to why he is getting tagged.

The bolt holes on the brackets are the same. I though about doing the bracket switch one time but then forgot about it , I am not in the front storage too often.

Also this was not my idea , just seen it done somwhere.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Our Reflection uses these magnets to hold open the lift up pass through compartment doors. I added one to the swing open door on the street side and to the entry door (we don't have the newer "friction" hinges on the entry door). Both the swing door and the entry door have blown closed in a wind gust because the wind can get behind these doors, unlike the lift up compartment doors that open tight to the side of the RV. I don't think that I would want a just a magnetic latch holding open a door over my head where there is space for the wind to get behind it.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, your front compartment is more like a workshop than storage from what i've seen. Thus in your case, I agree positive locking is much better. For me its a storage area that I need access to for 30 seconds at a time when setting up or tearing down. I just need enough time and help to get hoses and a couple of other misc things in there.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

One of the first “mods” that I did when we got our 303 was to reverse the “T” and the retainer. As stated above, the holes are the same for both. It’s a simple 5-minute job to reverse them. Then the “T” hangs off the lower part of the door.
                    Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                    2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
                    X