Shrinking trim screw cover insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinking trim screw cover insert

This is a new one to me. The screw cover insert in the fifth wheel edge trim has shrunk. The leading edge has been pulled back 3 or 4 inches exposing the first screw. The trailing end is wrinkled and I suspect compromised the seal. Will be visiting the dealer. The other side shows signs of wrinkling, too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_094418.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	49457Click image for larger version

Name:	20210407_084013.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	49458
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Hi Ted,

I had exactly this same thing happen to the tan coloured inserts in the rail along the roof edge. I had the roaming technicians at a National Rally replace these. It took them only a few minutes . . . and by the number of rolls of this stuff in their service trailer, this is a common occurrence. I watched then do the replacement and it did not look difficult. The only tool that the technician used was a plastic putty knife to guide in the second edge.

This is strictly a cosmetic cover strip . . . it does not seal anything.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have a roll of that stuff because it was all shrinking on my previous unit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I cut it long and then got the decorative caps for the ends b/c previous MFG thought it was OK to put a screw through the end only with a dab of silicone. That just started the cracking. https://www.amazon.com/Camper-Traile...7816713&sr=8-1
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X