Identify parts needed for cosmetic repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify parts needed for cosmetic repair

Well, after pulling RVs for 7 years I had my first minor accident. In a parking lot trying to avoid a car a clipped a stanchion. All cosmetic damage, no damage to the slide mechanism or any components. Fortunately I had the head on a swivel and realized pretty quick my mistake. Well, it happened, its over, now to just fix it. I need to see about pricing our replacement parts for the damage.

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD / 2020 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 295RL

Originally posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Well, after pulling RVs for 7 years I had my first minor accident. In a parking lot trying to avoid a car a clipped a stanchion. All cosmetic damage, no damage to the slide mechanism or any components. Fortunately I had the head on a swivel and realized pretty quick my mistake. Well, it happened, its over, now to just fix it. I need to see about pricing our replacement parts for the damage.

Your pictures did not post
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Sorry about that

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 9.40.15 AM.jpeg
Views:	1741
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	50411Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 9.41.17 AM.jpeg
Views:	1735
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	50413Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 9.40.51 AM.jpeg
Views:	1703
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	50415Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 9.40.25 AM.jpeg
Views:	1746
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	50417
      Attached Files

Comment

FreddieMac

The skirting material is just a blank piece that requires you to cut out the openings and such here is the number that I found on the parts lookup 570147. I do not see the lower corner trim for the slide. Check with customer service to verify and they should help you with the other parts you need. Shipping is going to be a big number for the skirting piece , not sure what else you can do though.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          FreddieMac

The skirting material is just a blank piece that requires you to cut out the openings and such here is the number that I found on the parts lookup 570147. I do not see the lower corner trim for the slide. Check with customer service to verify and they should help you with the other parts you need. Shipping is going to be a big number for the skirting piece , not sure what else you can do though.

Brian
          My suggestion is to pick it up at the rally in August...
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

That is what I keep hearing that the cost of the shipping will be as much as the piece of sheet metal. This does not look like anything special, just painted black thin sheet metal. I though about taking it off and trying to bend it back into shape. Where is the rally in August?

Comment

You might be able to find a local sheet metal shop to bend up a stock piece of aluminum then paint it. You might have luck on straightening it, but my guess is the AL is going to be stretched pretty bad.

Found what may be the corner piece. Took me a couple of tries, its listed under slide out. Part number 570423 https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/46426
              Last edited by Jlawles2; 04-13-2021, 08:12 AM.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ah, I could not find that little trim piece, good catch, thanks

Comment

I will not tell a falsehood. It took me several attempts to locate that plastic piece.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

That is what I keep hearing that the cost of the shipping will be as much as the piece of sheet metal. This does not look like anything special, just painted black thin sheet metal. I though about taking it off and trying to bend it back into shape. Where is the rally in August?
                    Elkhart / Goshen In. The techs may even install it for you.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I do not know anything about this rally, what is it?

Comment

There is a National Rally that Grand Design hosts at the end of August first of September each year , well except for last year and hopefully it will be this year. The Rally is held in Goshen Indiana near the GD factory. If you could get there for the Rally then you could probably pick up the parts that you would need.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

See https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/...l-owners-rally

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have ordered the parts and decided to pay the shipping. Looking at the cost of going to the rally from Louisiana versus the cost of various ways to get to the rally, I decided $150 for shipping $100 worth of parts was worth it. I am still about 13 years away from retirement, if retired, I would have gone to the rally instead. Parts are on order. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can make the repairs without any issues.

Comment

Thanks to the forum for the help. I was able to install the fix this weekend. Finished off the seals with Pro Flexseal. I will be reconnecting the lights tonight once the 3m 3-wire connectors come in from Amazon.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	239907792_204206771728379_4197284962134553329_n.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	64163

Comment

Working...
                              X