Roof Sealant Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jbandtbone View Post
    Thank you Howard. My VIN number is in my profile if you would like to pass it on GD rep. And I will look in the morning about the removing the fan cover.
    GDRV-Megan -- mbrs VIN is in their profile. Can u verify roof is TPO? TIA!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard, 2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,
      Well I removed both fan covers in the bath and kitchen and I think it looks like the TPO roof. But didn't like seeing the lack of overlap at the roof openings like in the demonstration photos. Can you agree with my assumption on the roof being a TPO roof?
      John and Teresa
      "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
      "17" 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Jbandtbone View Post
        Howard,
        Well I removed both fan covers in the bath and kitchen and I think it looks like the TPO roof. But didn't like seeing the lack of overlap at the roof openings like in the demonstration photos. Can you agree with my assumption on the roof being a TPO roof?
        Yes. Sure looks like TPO to me. That last picture shows it well. Use the Alpha (aka Superflex) sealants.

If any forum members disagree please chime in...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thank you so much.
          John and Teresa
          "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
          "17" 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- mbrs VIN is in their profile. Can u verify roof is TPO? TIA!
            HI there Jbandtbone I apologize for the delay in getting back with you on this! I have been out of the office due to some remodeling and also being sick. You have a TPO roof. 2017 and newer units are TPO.

Comment

The images below are from a presentation that colan (a professional RV technician) gave at the National Rally last year. What he's showing in the last two pics is if the material is solid white (it's easy to pull down the interior panel on the fan to see the material) it's TPO. If it has a black backing, it's EPDM. To verify 100% you can call GD or we can tag the GD rep here if you'd prefer and she'll look it up for you if you'll provide your VIN. (IMO it's easiest just to pull down that panel and look!)

-Howard

P.S. Colan--hope you don't mind me posting these images. Let me know if I've goofed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPO_Page_1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	13272

Name:	TPO_Page_2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	13273

Name:	TPO_Page_3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	13274

Howard, Please advise: in the first sentence above the pics of the fans it says “before 2017, ..........
              in the second sentence it says “before 2017, ..........

is that a typo and if not, what about AFTER 2017? TY!
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Howard, Please advise: in the first sentence above the pics of the fans it says “before 2017, ..........
                in the second sentence it says “before 2017, ..........

is that a typo and if not, what about AFTER 2017? TY!
                That's funny--I've been looking at that for how long? colan : that second sentence should be after 2017, right?

Bottom line: sometime in the 2017 model year (probably different time frames for different lines) GD switched from EPDM to TPO. By looking at the material via the fan vent method it is easy to figure out what's on your RV.

Comment

That's funny--I've been looking at that for how long? colan : that second sentence should be after 2017, right?

Bottom line: sometime in the 2017 model year (probably different time frames for different lines) GD switched from EPDM to TPO. By looking at the material via the fan vent method it is easy to figure out what's on your RV.
                  thank you Howard for that clarification!!
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                  X