No announcement yet.

Roof Sealant Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this post hoping to get some clarification on the proper sealant to use. Is this the correct one from Alpha? I thought I was on the right track but noticed the description stated it’s for an EDPM roof.
    Super Flex Total Protection Non-Sag Lap Sealant is specifically designed for use on vertical or sloping applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Ammckinney View Post
      I came across this post hoping to get some clarification on the proper sealant to use. Is this the correct one from Alpha? I thought I was on the right track but noticed the description stated it’s for an EDPM roof.
      According to http://www.alphasystemsinc.com/files...structions.PDF the SuperFlex brand is correct. Note that 1010 is non-sag and is applied to vertical surfaces where 1021 is self-leveling and is applied to horizontal surfaces.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So where in Canada is this stuff available buying it out of the US is very expensive with exchange rates and shipping. The dealer that sells GD here in town
        uses dicor should they not be using and selling alpha systems products to a void warranty???Isn't the roof material TPO Iam thinking any TPO rated sealant should be safe should it not.

Cheers
        Last edited by Wrongwayrver; 07-25-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          GDRV-Emily - Quite a while back, I contacted one of the GDRV reps by phone (A guy named Brian maybe?) and was told that any brand of lap sealant compatible with a TPO roof was acceptable. One of the frequent contributors on FB (SadieBear) talked to Alpha Systems and they said to only use their brand. I wonder if there is anyone who knows the technical reasons for either answer. For example, "if you use Dicor® brand of lap sealant, this is what will happen...)

Jim
          Hi Jim

I just think they want to sell there own product I would say any TPO safe sealant would be fine.

Comment

We Purchased a Imagine 2850MK
            8 JUN 2019
            Boerne, Tx at Explore USA
            we were told in our walk through education to use Dicor self leveling on the roof.

Is this WRONG instructions??
            thank you

Comment

At the Colorado rally GD gave me a tube of roof sealant. Its Dicor 502LST self leveling sealant - tan in color. Uses say EDPM and some TPO Roofing. So I figure if the GD Tech gave it to me to use that is what I should use.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda what year is your unit please?

Comment

• Yoda
                Yoda commented
                Editing a comment
                2018 220RK
                I have it in my signature, but possibly you cant see ut

Yoda i just confirmed with JD. You will want to use the ALPHA sealant, not dicor. If you could please private message me the name of the rep who provided you with the Dicor... that way I can let them know they should not be handing that out unless they check first!

Also, SORRY.... I replied so fast I did not even look in the signature (Face Palm Emoji lol)

Comment

Are these the correct products - self leveling and non sag for my color roof?
                https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80344.html
                https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80342.html
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                  Are these the correct products - self leveling and non sag for my color roof?
                  https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80344.html
                  https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ige-80342.html
                  Yes, "Superflex" is the retail labeling for Alpha's products.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

• Yoda
                    Yoda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Howard

I ordered the sealant I mentioned in my post above from Camping world today - 15% discount. Not to plug camping world, but they have the color I needed and no one else does that I know of.

Comment

I will use what Emily has provided GDRV approval on.

RecRro or Superflex. The Alpha RecPro from Amazon has worked well for me with no issues.
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Yoda
                      Yoda commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I ordered the approved superflex.

I'm new to the GD family having recently purchase a 2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS that was gently used. I've been researching/ reading about the correct roof sealant to use on my rig. One of the papers that came with the rig was a Reflection component manufacture list info. It has the Rubber Roof component manufacture as Dicor. Is there any way to find out what has actually been installed? I just want to make sure that I have the correct info. and materials before it becomes a urgent necessity while out camping. Thanks
                    John and Teresa
                    "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
                    "17" 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Jbandtbone View Post
                      I'm new to the GD family having recently purchase a 2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS that was gently used. I've been researching/ reading about the correct roof sealant to use on my rig. One of the papers that came with the rig was a Reflection component manufacture list info. It has the Rubber Roof component manufacture as Dicor. Is there any way to find out what has actually been installed? I just want to make sure that I have the correct info. and materials before it becomes a urgent necessity while out camping. Thanks
                      The images below are from a presentation that colan (a professional RV technician) gave at the National Rally last year. What he's showing in the last two pics is if the material is solid white (it's easy to pull down the interior panel on the fan to see the material) it's TPO. If it has a black backing, it's EPDM. To verify 100% you can call GD or we can tag the GD rep here if you'd prefer and she'll look it up for you if you'll provide your VIN. (IMO it's easiest just to pull down that panel and look!)

-Howard

P.S. Colan--hope you don't mind me posting these images. Let me know if I've goofed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPO_Page_1.jpg
Views:	1883
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	13272

Name:	TPO_Page_2.jpg
Views:	1834
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	13273

Name:	TPO_Page_3.jpg
Views:	1806
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	13274

Comment

Thank you Howard. My VIN number is in my profile if you would like to pass it on GD rep. And I will look in the morning about the removing the fan cover.
                        John and Teresa
                        "19" 2500 HD GMC Sierra Duramax SLT.
                        "17" 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                        X