Body Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Parts

I have a 2016 GD Reflection 5th wheel. Two days ago I was traveling on the highway when a truck in front of me lost his muffler. I tried to miss it but hit it with my back left tire of the 5th wheel and ripping the lower back panel on the camper. Does anyone know if this panel is available? If so, who do I call? We are still traveling out west.
    RDPALMERJR

RDPALMERJR

Comment

Rdp57 Welcome to the family and the forum! We hate that it took this to bring you to us, but the bottom line is here and we are here to help.

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

At the top of the forum is a button to take you to to a parts look up and here also is the link. You will probably have to obtain the part thru a dealership.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Rdp57 View Post
        I have a 2016 GD Reflection 5th wheel. Two days ago I was traveling on the highway when a truck in front of me lost his muffler. I tried to miss it but hit it with my back left tire of the 5th wheel and ripping the lower back panel on the camper. Does anyone know if this panel is available? If so, who do I call? We are still traveling out west.
        There's bent trim on that rear corner in addition to the obvious sheet metal damage. Looks like wiring got ripped up, too--most likely to the rear tail/brake light assembly? Forgive me stating the obvious, but that's the most important thing to get fixed ASAP if lights don't work. If you've got the know-how and tools, it should be a simple repair to splice the wires back together.

For the parts you'll need, document with clear pictures (and arrows pointing to the exact part needed) along with your VIN to Grand Design's parts department. They can be reached at 574-825-9679 or parts@granddesignrv.com

You might ask for the paint codes, too, in the request. They should be able to supply you with them (paint codes) for your trailer.

Good luck--and please post back with the repair experience and any lessons learned. The power of an owners' forum is the sharing of information.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That is just a formed piece of aluminum sheet metal. If you cannot get one reasonable from GD, you may be able to find a local sheet metal shop to bend up one for you and have it painted by a body shop or the repair shop doing the work. That rear trim piece may be salvageable and repairable if you or the repair shop has the right skills.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X