Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Haulers: is this normal for new? (corrosion, wear on rear and ramp in 2 months)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

familytruckster4 I know they do not make the original Cadmium coating from before the 80's (rough guess on years there) as it was found to be cancer causing. The new stuff is a Zinc based but still has that yellowish tint.
    Last edited by howson; 07-17-2021, 11:17 AM. Reason: Deleted non-applicable verbiage.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

McMaster-Carr

Plenty of fasteners and nuts found here, in all shapes and materials.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

For fasteners that will survive, look into the marine ones. Salt water boats use lots of stainless because it resist the elements. I don't remember the grade, but one is great for corrosion resistance, the other not so.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          For fasteners that will survive, look into the marine ones. Salt water boats use lots of stainless because it resist the elements. I don't remember the grade, but one is great for corrosion resistance, the other not so.
          Most stainless hardware is 18-8 (Chromium and nickel) which is a broad category that encompasses many other further classes used for specialized purposes.
          You suggestion for marine hardware is right on the money, no one deals with corrosion more than the marine industry (except they dont usually sell toy haulers)
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

All,
            Some of the off-topic verbiage was causing consternation from forum members. The non-applicable information has been removed and thread closed. Contact me by PM if there's an issue.

Howard (Moderator)
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X