Roof Truss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Truss

I have a 2018 337 RLS; does anyone know how far apart the roof trusses are? I hope I'm wrong but they appear to be 48 inches apart. Thanks in advance. Edit: After doing a bit more research, its my understanding the trusses are 16" OC and that every 48' is the plywood seams. There just seams to be noticeably more deflection between the plywood seams especially if there is suppose to be a truss ever 16".
    Last edited by rkeesler; 05-08-2021, 12:06 PM.
    Rick & Betsy
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel

Originally posted by rkeesler View Post
    I have a 2018 337 RLS; does anyone know how far apart the roof trusses are? I hope I'm wrong but they appear to be 48 inches apart. Thanks in advance. Edit: After doing a bit more research, its my understanding the trusses are 16" OC and that every 48' is the plywood seams. There just seams to be noticeably more deflection between the plywood seams especially if there is suppose to be a truss ever 16".
    Rick - I pulled the drawings on the 337 and verified that the trusses are indeed 16" oc, or less in some instances. The roofing material is 3/8" plywood so you may be getting a little flex when you step between the trusses. GDRV doesn't want to use any thicker roofing in order to keep weight down and to allow for bending the plywood to the arc of the trusses.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Rick - I pulled the drawings on the 337 and verified that the trusses are indeed 16" oc, or less in some instances. The roofing material is 3/8" plywood so you may be getting a little flex when you step between the trusses. GDRV doesn't want to use any thicker roofing in order to keep weight down and to allow for bending the plywood to the arc of the trusses.

Jim
      Thanks Jim....that is a RELIEF. I was concerned the spacing was much greater. If it is not against the rules, could you forward the drawing to me. If not, I understand.

Rick
      Rick & Betsy
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2020 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel

Comment

rkeesler
        Hi Rick,

Not meaning to jump on your discussion with Jim, but we are not allowed to share drawings. If you contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN, they will likely provide you with whatever drawings they have that you might want . . . with the same caveat, that you not share these on any public forum.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          rkeesler
          Hi Rick,

Not meaning to jump on your discussion with Jim, but we are not allowed to share drawings. If you contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN, they will likely provide you with whatever drawings they have that you might want . . . with the same caveat, that you not share these on any public forum.

Rob
          Hey Rob. No problem jumping in...the more the merrier. I figured as much that sharing of drawings was not allowed, but I had to ask. I'll email Grand Design Customer Service and see what they can provide. Thanks again.

Rick
          Rick & Betsy
          2018 Reflection 337RLS
          2020 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by rkeesler View Post

Hey Rob. No problem jumping in...the more the merrier. I figured as much that sharing of drawings was not allowed, but I had to ask. I'll email Grand Design Customer Service and see what they can provide. Thanks again.

Rick
            Yeah, one of the agreements we made when setting up the forum was that we'd get a copy of the drawings to help owners with their questions. But we had to agree that all drawing requests went through official channels.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X