X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely see the resemblance

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      I can definitely see the resemblance

Rob
      Yep you would
      Must be the solar radiation up there - aurora borealis must be effecting the Force.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda -- the similarity is uncanny!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I don't know , I just can't see it..

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I don't know , I just can't see it..

Brian
            It's the HAIR Brian...jeeezzzz...look again!
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

howson Country Campers Cate&Rob ThePowells
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Nice looking cover. You look a little sun bleached in you later years, should have used that SPF 50 instead of the 4.

For an added layer of security, you can add a chain or cable to the lock and wrap it around the holes in the spare. Again locks only keep the somewhat honest, well honest, and slow down a thief hopefully long enough to find the back side of a mag light.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Keith - "Yes and Yes" - talk about "two peas in a pod".......amazing how you guys look alike. Brothers in different universes - WOW !

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Looks really good! Thanks for posting!
                      2020 Imagine 2400BH
                      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Update
                        Its installed and fits like a glove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0664s.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	60531 Good fit. After looking at it do you thinks folks will get the message to back off, or am I going to get more tailgaters trying to get pictures of it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665s.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	60532 When I had it made I asked for security grommets, I ran a zip tie through for now. They do two things - prevent wind for sucking it off, and keeps honest folks honest. I want to find a small weatherproof key lock, but not having much luck. Most are too big. I can keep the keys in the trailer in case of a flat.

The spare tire carrier is a Curt brand and the anti-rattle clamps are Blue OX if you were curious. The clamps prevent any movement of the tire carrier in the receiver. A must have.

Keith

Comment

Yoda Keith can you pull the tire carrier with out removing the clamps? If not, then you may need to invest in a locking hitch pin.

You might want to look at something like https://allpadlocks.com/products/abu...RoCsHgQAvD_BwE which includes a brass shackle.

I really think you need to put a solar powered fence charger on it. When someone grabs it to try and remove it they will get the "skock" of their life.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...w?cm_vc=-10005 would blend in nicely on top with all of the solar stuff you already have installed. What's a few more feet of wire to tie the charger to the frame (ground) and the lock on the cover (hot)?
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

The Blue Ox clamps answered my question about how to take the play out.
                            Ted
                            2021 Reflection 310RLS
                            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                              Yoda Keith can you pull the tire carrier with out removing the clamps? If not, then you may need to invest in a locking hitch pin.

You might want to look at something like https://allpadlocks.com/products/abu...RoCsHgQAvD_BwE which includes a brass shackle.

I really think you need to put a solar powered fence charger on it. When someone grabs it to try and remove it they will get the "skock" of their life.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...w?cm_vc=-10005 would blend in nicely on top with all of the solar stuff you already have installed. What's a few more feet of wire to tie the charger to the frame (ground) and the lock on the cover (hot)?
                              Joseph - Yes the anti-rattle clams would prevent the receiver from easily pulling out, but could be done. However youridea of a locking pin is a good one

You made me laugh on the electric fence - I have then on my property - might work, but the grounding is an issues and most folks have rubber sole shoes, so would need a secondary ground wire.

I was thinking a chemical dye pack might work, but don't seem to be available to us honest folks. I would probably accidentally set it off with my luck.

There is an artist around here that uses barbed or concertina razor wire in his work. Maybe have him fab up a cage to go around it - then again I would be the one getting cut.

So for now a good lock and maybe a cable might do. After all they only need to cut the vinyl around the grommets if they really want it. Might just stay with a zip tie then.

Thanks for the laugh and the tip on the receiver pin lock.

Keith

On edit
                              Just had a thought. With the camera out back I could add a sign "security camera in use - look up". with a footnote " if you take - you WILL suffer"
                              Last edited by Yoda; 07-14-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Yoda Keith, hood the ground wire of the fence to the receiver and the hot wire to the lock. most people will be touching both parts at the same time at some point in trying to figure it out.

When you put up the sign don't forget to mention owner is one mad cajun, living outside of Louisiana eating bad food.
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X