MaxxAir vent covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxxAir vent covers

Are they tall enough to work with the electrically operated vent covers? I would hate to install one and the cover hit and burn out the motor or blow a fuse.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer

2016 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

2017 F150
    2020 F350 6.7 PSD

Donald

I have 3 on my camper , one on the power vent , and have not had any problems. The power vent does go up and pushes slightly on the Maxx air cover but I do not see a problem. I believe the ones I have are Maxx air 2 , maybe. They are kind of octagonal shaped.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Donald

I have 3 on my camper , one on the power vent , and have not had any problems. The power vent does go up and pushes slightly on the Maxx air cover but I do not see a problem. I believe the ones I have are Maxx air 2 , maybe. They are kind of octagonal shaped.

Brian
      Thanks Brian

2017 F150
      2020 F350 6.7 PSD

Comment

Originally posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
        I am unsure of the fan configuration in your 220RK, but if it mirrors the stock OEM config of my 315RLTS be advised that installing the MaxxFan cover on the non-MaxxAir fan (in the bathroom) requires the installation of mounting tabs.

Again, if your 220RK mirrors my 315RLTS then in addition to the (cheap) bathroom fan you have a good MaxxAir fan in the kitchen. It's simple to put a FanMate cover on that one. You'll also see the interaction between the cover and the fan's lid after installation. (I thought something was wrong with my installation the first time I witnessed the fan's lid try to lift the FanMate! Crazy interaction, but that's as designed.)

Don't be surprised (as I was) by the gap between the MaxxAir fan and FanMate cover. Here's a picture showing what I'm referencing:

This video does a good job of showing the two installations:

-Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I am unsure of the fan configuration in your 220RK, but if it mirrors the stock OEM config of my 315RLTS be advised that installing the MaxxFan cover on the non-MaxxAir fan (in the bathroom) requires the installation of mounting tabs.

Again, if your 220RK mirrors my 315RLTS then in addition to the (cheap) bathroom fan you have a good MaxxAir fan in the kitchen. It's simple to put a FanMate cover on that one. You'll also see the interaction between the cover and the fan's lid after installation. (I thought something was wrong with my installation the first time I witnessed the fan's lid try to lift the FanMate! Crazy interaction, but that's as designed.)

Don't be surprised (as I was) by the gap between the MaxxAir fan and FanMate cover. Here's a picture showing what I'm referencing:

This video does a good job of showing the two installations:

-Howard
          Thanks very much. It's actually for my 29rs. It does have the better remote control fan in the kitchen

2017 F150
          2020 F350 6.7 PSD

Comment

Trailer Life has an installation article on Maxxair in this months issue.
            Last edited by Yoda; 10-17-2019, 09:36 PM.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X