Actual Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Height

The 2021 Reflection 311bhs lists as 12 ft 3 inches in height WITHOUT the 2nd AC. My question is, what is the height of the 311bhs WITH the 2nd AC?

My salesman insists the height is 12 ft 3 inches with or without the 2nd AC. Taking delivery next week!

Thanks!
    2021 RAM 3500 Laramie 4X4 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Salesman might be right. Random picture from the internet and I straightened it (with Photoshop) level using the slide trim as the basis. Then drew the red line from the rear to the front. I was surprised the front A/C wasn't higher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Height.JPG
Views:	1391
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	55559
    That random picture and unproven measurement method doesn't really settle the issue, though. The final height will depend on what a/c unit is installed on the front. Two typical (15K and 13.5K) along with a non-typical for comparison. If there's a Furrion or Dometic that could change things, too.

Name:	Units.JPG
Views:	1375
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	55558

Ask your salesman to contact GD for the VIN number and have them send you a build sheet. That will tell you for sure what unit is on the front.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by gino59 View Post
      The 2021 Reflection 311bhs lists as 12 ft 3 inches in height WITHOUT the 2nd AC. My question is, what is the height of the 311bhs WITH the 2nd AC?

My salesman insists the height is 12 ft 3 inches with or without the 2nd AC. Taking delivery next week!

Thanks!
      Your best bet is to measure it yourself when you get the trailer. Several videos on YouTube demonstrating, but all you need is a long level, a tape measure and a helper. Park on level ground, attach tape measure to level, hold the level on the top of the A/C so bubble is centered, and have helper on the ground read the measuremnent. My wife and I verified the measurements on our travel trailer in less than 30 minutes using this technique. If you don't have a long level, tape a smaller level to a piece of pipe or something that you know is straight and rigid.

I hope this helps.

Bob
      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Thanks, all! I plan to bring my 4' level and tape to get the real measurements.

Gino

Comment

gino59

It is important to take this measurement with the 5th wheel attached to your truck. Hitch height can make a significant difference to the towing height of the front of the trailer. I find it difficult to believe that a front AC would not increase overall height. We do not have a front AC and the attached pictures shows how the front hatch (actually the folded TV antenna is what you see in the picture) is more-or-less the same height as the rear AC with reference to the transport trailer parked beside us.

Rob

Name:	IMG_4383.jpg
Views:	1626
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	55646
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

When hooked up height can change, so it best to get an actual measurement of your rig. My reflection was within a couple inches of the advertised height.

I carry a height measuring stick with me similar to these offerings https://www.truckntow.com/height-sti...easuring+Stick
            Shop around as they do go on sale.

Has come in handy several times - especially in campgrounds.

Keith
            Last edited by Yoda; 11-18-2021, 04:01 PM.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I recently "inherited" a height stick from GF's brother in law who passed last year. Her sister is slowly weeding through his work and personal stuff. Height stick is one of you good friends. I need to measure mine, then add 2" for bounce (don't ask, but I've seen the reports of the stuff at work that had 1" of clearance but still managed to clip a bridge) when traveling.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by gino59 View Post
                Thanks, all! I plan to bring my 4' level and tape to get the real measurements.

Gino
                Since the trailer width is probably about 8' 6", a 4' level may not be long enough to get the end past the edge of the trailer. Take a 5 or 6' straight edge with you to be on the safe side.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I measured mine this weekend. I measured from the high point of the trailer to the ground, then added the height of the 2nd AC. I came up with 140", so 12'6". Hadn't thought about measuring it after hooked to the truck, but I'll give that a shot soon.

Comment

wi-pie remember that there is a pitch to the roof. Measuring directly from the top of the highest object on the roof is the surest way to get an accurate distance.
                    John
                    2018 Momentum 395M
                    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post

Since the trailer width is probably about 8' 6", a 4' level may not be long enough to get the end past the edge of the trailer. Take a 5 or 6' straight edge with you to be on the safe side.
                      Easy fix was get on the rig (after hook up) and dropped the tape to confirm 12' 3" at the highest point. Added the height of the Coleman 15 (14"~) and subtracted the thickness of the 2x6. End result is 13' 7".

Comment

Working...
                      X