3 season door design flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 season door design flaw

After camping this weekend with a massive downpour we found that the three season doors on our 28G has a major design flaw on the window sashes. It appears the top window sash is on the inner track and the lower sash is on the outer track which allows water from the top to drain down onto the lower sash they did not take that into consideration when fabricating the door tracks, and putting the frame together. I purchased the doors from my dealer and installed them they came with the weatherstripping and track all together already installed there’s no way that I have installed them backwards. The doors would have to be flipped around in order for the upper sash to be on the outside if that makes sense. Does anyone else have this problem
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2017 F250 gasser
    Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

I failed to add our camper is a 2020 28g
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2017 F250 gasser

Comment

There are two sliding glasses for each door, The top glass is narrower than the bottom glass each door has a cross support piece which prevent you from re-orienting the panels
      2020 Momentum 25G
      2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Could you post a couple pictures please?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The camper is at the campground and I failed to take pictures will be there in a couple weeks, just got off the phone with Lippert and she says it is very possible that they were together long at the factory.
          2020 Momentum 25G
          2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Finally back at the campground where our camper is stored, here are the pics I have sent them to Lippert so I can get their input hoping if anyone else here has come across this. The issue is as you can see when it rains water will leak inside of the doors when the rain hits it due to the orientation of the sashes i.e.panels
            2020 Momentum 25G
            2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Been out in the sun too long here are the pictures
              Attached Files
              2020 Momentum 25G
              2017 F250 gasser

Comment

The first two pictures show the upper glass imposition lower glass in position when the door glasses are close the third picture indicates the upper sash is gone which describes how the water is entering I hope this makes sense
                2020 Momentum 25G
                2017 F250 gasser

Comment

The first picture is an interior view of the two glasses and it’s closed position the second picture is has The top glass removed To show how the water comes in due to the fact the outside classes on the bottom instead of being on the top. I spoke with lip or they told me to send them pics I was also in my earlier post a few weeks ago did anybody else have this problem he replies would be greatly appreciated
                  2020 Momentum 25G
                  2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Waiting on lipperts response. To recap I’m simply wondering is this a design flaw or where the doors made wrong, I installed them because the dealer wanted $1900 to install them and it literally took me 20 minutes I’m very mechanically inclined, I have a masters in hvac so I don’t think I’m completely 😜.
                    2020 Momentum 25G
                    2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Gibsonguy -- combined all the posts on this topic here in this thread. Look forward to reading the response from Lippert.

Howard (moderator)
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I apologize Howard did not realize I had posted it twice believe it or not
                        2020 Momentum 25G
                        2017 F250 gasser

Comment

Gibsonguy Have you tried swapping the glasses?? Can you move the top and bottom glass into the others channels??
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Your not able to do that , the 2 glasses are cut at two different sizes.If I were able to remove the bar that appears to be some sort of support ,then I could slide the outer glass up then inner glass could go down. Lippert has not responded yet,I may message GD to get there opinion, but thanks for responding jlawles2
                            Last edited by Gibsonguy; 07-04-2021, 05:04 AM.
                            2020 Momentum 25G
                            2017 F250 gasser

Comment

You may have to do some investigating. Screen removal may even be required, but that center bar is mot likely just held in place with a plastic insert, or possibly a retainer from the side. If you do get the bar out and swap the sliding panels, you will most likely need to swap the open retainers as the angle on them will be backwards unless you just move them from one track to the other.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X