Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doors on Imagine XLS series - Lippert Thin Shade Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doors on Imagine XLS series - Lippert Thin Shade Ready?

I cannot find a Lippert sticker on my entry door, but the screen door is the new style Lippert. I can see where the interior trim is designed to pop off. Is this considered to be a Thin Shade Ready .... Prepped LCI Entry Door? This is on a 2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE. Thanks in advance!
    John in PA

Originally posted by jbjlock View Post
    I cannot find a Lippert sticker on my entry door, but the screen door is the new style Lippert. I can see where the interior trim is designed to pop off. Is this considered to be a Thin Shade Ready .... Prepped LCI Entry Door? This is on a 2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE. Thanks in advance!
    John in PA
    Unlikely, John. The window will have a distinctive "Thin Shade Ready" sticker if it's already prepped for the accessory. The pic below is from a Lippert training document (note the "Thin Shade Ready" at the top of the window.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thin Shade Ready.JPG
Views:	1368
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	56756

The good news is that it is very easy to replace the window with a Thin Shade compatible version. Look again for that Lippert sticker--it's surely there--and call Lippert with the RPO number you'll find on it. They will then be able to provide you with options.

Please post back with the results!

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	RPO.JPG
Views:	1202
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	56757
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard. I have that Grand Design RPO sticker and don't have the Lippert Sticker. The door in your picture looks identical to mine.

John in PA, 2021 Silverado 1500 CC Duramax 3.0, Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Thanks Howard. I have that Grand Design RPO sticker and don't have the Lippert Sticker. The door in your picture looks identical to mine.

John in PA, 2021 Silverado 1500 CC Duramax 3.0, Imagine XLS 17MKE
        John,
        That is most definitely the Lippert sticker. You're probably seeing "Grand Design RV #x" in the upper corner--that was printed by Lippert since Grand Design was the customer buying the door from them.

Take a picture of the RPO number and call Lippert. They will know exactly which style and size door you have based on that identification.

Please post back if you go through with this modification to inform the forum on any lessons learned and value-added impression, (aka "do you like it").

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Welcome to the Family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I wonder if you could change the inner window compression ring to make it shade compatible?
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              I wonder if you could change the inner window compression ring to make it shade compatible?
              Yes, that's exactly what is done. Both the outer and inner ring is replaced with the Thin Shade compatible version. Exactly how to remove the rings depends on the style of door / window. Most of ours requires small tools to decouple the snaps. The video below (I haven't watched the whole thing) appears to show the process.

Comment

John in PA
                We have a 2021 Imagine 2400bh and the doors should be the same between the XLS and Imagine. HONESTLY you should get the kit which replaces the glass as well with a clear tinted piece. You can grab it from Amazon and it is GREAT!!! The window is same tint as the rest of trailer, it comes with the thin shade AND it is a huge security feature as you can actually see out of the window (with shade up of course). You cannot see out of the frosted window that is standard.

I would HIGHLY recommend this for any new RV owners. It was one of the fist purchases and upgrades I did on our trailer due to bunk position and having littles who still take midday naps.
                2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
                2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Working...
                X