RV Cover Recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Cover Recomendation

I am looking to keep the sun and elements off of the RV but still be able to keep it on shore power with AC running. I have searched several covers but none have an opening around the AC unit. Any suggestions? I am thinking of finding a 15'x30' tarp and positioning like the a "sail" shade I have seen at some homes.
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Guest I believe has commented on this topic. On my phone so hard to search...but Jim should be along soon.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
      I am looking to keep the sun and elements off of the RV but still be able to keep it on shore power with AC running. I have searched several covers but none have an opening around the AC unit. Any suggestions? I am thinking of finding a 15'x30' tarp and positioning like the a "sail" shade I have seen at some homes.
      Hi,

We have a custom cover from CalMark Cover Co. The cover is light weight and made of 100% US sourced Sunbrella. You will need to give them a call on your request in leaving the AC unit exposed. This coming winter will be our 6th year with this cover with zero visible damage or damage to the rig. These covers fit tight so there will be no abrasion from a loose fitting cover.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim. I will call them.
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Guest Thanks for the info on CalMark. I'm going to check with them on a fast quote and see what they say. The quality looks excellent and I like the 6 yr. warranty.

Comment

Your welcome guys. The cover was not cheap for my 2600RB where it ended up at $900 delivered. They were fantastic to work with where my measurements while on Chemo was sometimes a tad sketchy. I use pool storage pillows on the roof and under the cover to form a peak for those Michigan winters. The slightest warming will clear the roof of snow.

Jim

Comment

Well, the Sunbrella fabric is back ordered 6 months but they are offering WeatherMax material. For my 22MLE, they quoted me $1,664 plus S+H. WOW.....that is really expensive.
              John and Lori
              2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
              2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
                Well, the Sunbrella fabric is back ordered 6 months but they are offering WeatherMax material. For my 22MLE, they quoted me $1,664 plus S+H. WOW.....that is really expensive.

I got a quickie quote too for my 260RB $2,200 + S & H. They have a 6 year guarantee but, I can buy a $300 one for 7 years and still not pay that. I'm sure they are great covers. I just can't justify that cost to my DW.

John
                John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                2017 Jayco 26BH
                2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Wow, not sure what happened but those prices are crazy. Wondering if this is due to material prices or inflation or both.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X