Andersen Ultimate remote latch cable mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andersen Ultimate remote latch cable mount

I have a 2020 Reflection 150 - RD260. I'm using the Andersen Ultimate Hitch to tow with my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. I am looking for a place to mount the Latch Cable device. The preferred location would be just forward of the toggle switch for the hitch light, please see the attached picture. It mounts with two screws that need to be in something solid. Looking for the best spot to put it, preferably the frame. Can anyone give me guidance? Thanks

I mounted mine directly to the hitch. I don’t recall exactly where, but there was already a small hole or a hole with a small bolt, and I just hooked it there. It’s been fine for nearly three years.
    Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

I just used a magnet like this https://www.harborfreight.com/66mm-r...BoCOGMQAvD_BwE to mount it to the hitch. Fast and easy.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Kmack View Post
        I have a 2020 Reflection 150 - RD260. I'm using the Andersen Ultimate Hitch to tow with my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. I am looking for a place to mount the Latch Cable device. The preferred location would be just forward of the toggle switch for the hitch light, please see the attached picture. It mounts with two screws that need to be in something solid. Looking for the best spot to put it, preferably the frame. Can anyone give me guidance? Thanks
        When I had one I removed one of the screws already there for holding the panel up and used that hole.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Be careful to not mount to too far out from the centerline of the trailer - where you're holding it in the photo looks risky to me. When we first started out with our Reflection, the dealer mounted the release handle where it ended up being over the truck bedrail (for easy access, of course). On our first cross-country trip, the truck and trailer rocked during a turn coming out of a campground where there was a gutter at the edge of the road. The release handle mount made contact with the truck bed rail and cracked the fiberglass where the bracket was mounted. I moved it to the pin box where it was out of the way (and repaired the fiberglass).

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I also purchased a magnet from Harbor Freight and mounted it to the cable release. I then stick the magnet to the top on the pin box, easy to reach and I can look in my rear view mirror and confirm I have locked the hitch while in motion.
            John & Cindy
            2019 303 RLS
            2018 F250

Comment

Mine is screwed into the pinbox on the driver's side.

Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
              X