2021 380FL Roof & Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 380FL Roof & Slide

We recently purchased a new 2021 Solitude 380FL. Only been on one 6 week road trip, but went up on the roof to wash it and found the roof looking rumpled and loose. Then upon closer inspection it looks like the seals above the slides (4 out of 5 of them) are starting to separate. Is this normal? Should I be worried about this situation?

I don't think the seal tape should be separating from the roof of the slide like that, especially on a new unit. I would be checking the slide interior very closely for any water intrusion, especially after washing the slide roof. I would also suggest contacting customer support, get a case open and send them your pictures. Maybe ask them about methods for sealing those gaps before you can get it repaired to prevent any damage. Perhaps some lap sealant on those gaps?
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Blaster View Post
      We recently purchased a new 2021 Solitude 380FL. Only been on one 6 week road trip, but went up on the roof to wash it and found the roof looking rumpled and loose. Then upon closer inspection it looks like the seals above the slides (4 out of 5 of them) are starting to separate. Is this normal? Should I be worried about this situation?
      Yes, IMHO the roof issues should be addressed. Call Grand Design Customer Support and get a case number documented. They will most likely want these pictures (and possibly more).

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. I was not sure if this was common or not, so I will contact GD on Monday.

Comment

Blaster The wrinkles in the roof are not uncommon and mentioned in the manual. The eternabod to roofing is not typical. The separation is strange in itself as it almost looks like the roofing was wrinkled and pushed the eternabond off (that is quite impressive and you will understand if you have ever applied the stuff).

The dealer or GD should be contacted and should repair this.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X