Keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys?

TT Newbie here: I received two (duplicate) sets of 3 keys with my (2021 2600RB). The "pass through storage" key (marked"R001"),the door deadbolt and hand latch key.

and a third key marked"CH751" that two week in, I have not found a use for? What ( hidden lock) am I not seeing here???

Jim do you have any locks on your 2600RB that uses the CH751 key?

The dealer may have just given you some because just about all RV's have this lock somewhere.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Jim do you have any locks on your 2600RB that uses the CH751 key?

The dealer may have just given you some because just about all RV's have this lock somewhere.

Brian
      Brian,

I used to on the pass-through doors. I've replaced the CH751 locks with barrel locks. This was a must before moving into a storage lot.

Jim

Comment

Thanks folks sounds likely.("common cylinder") Not going to lose any sleep over it. Kinda like all Sampsonite briefcases used one of only 3 keys worldwide.

Comment

Shhh, dont let the CH751 secret out
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
            Shhh, dont let the CH751 secret out
            If thieves want to break into a rig, a nicely sized screw driver will do the trick. For some that are curious that want to look in the rig with the same key, a change in locks will keep them out. I'm hoping that a gated storage facility with cameras and folks that pay for that service will be relatively honest. While camping, the same applies where to have a different lock will eliminate the curious camper that would grab something out of convenience but would stop short of prying the door open. For those with internet, or unlimited phone data plans with WiFi, the arlo camera system works very well while camping.

Jim

Comment

I think there are only 4-5 of the CH key codes out there. As for the others, again it's not many. Just look around the Bauer website. For under $200 (rough guess) you can have a copy of every key combination they use. https://bauerproducts.com/product-ca...lacement-keys/
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I even used the sarcasm emoji
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                  I even used the sarcasm emoji
                  We get it.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X