2021 Reflection 303rls friction hinge door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection 303rls friction hinge door

Does anyone know how to adjust the friction hinge on my rig? I understand the concept but it seems a little tight.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I spray my hinge with waterproof silicone spray. For me it makes it work a little better.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      Does anyone know how to adjust the friction hinge on my rig? I understand the concept but it seems a little tight.
      There's no adjustment I'm aware of. I also spray mine on occasion with CRC--the same lubricant I use on practically everything on my 315RLTS.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I don't understand why you would spray a lubricant on something that is supposed to depend on friction(lack of lubrication) to work properly.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I don't understand why you would spray a lubricant on something that is supposed to depend on friction(lack of lubrication) to work properly.
          It does seem counterintuitive--but it works. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...-exterior-door Post 6 has a video before and after.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

They press the hinges on the top hinge in the bottom hinge the center hinge is not pressed. Which means when they make the hinge they put an end dent on the pins which makes it very difficult to close the door. I was watching my jams on the door giving because of the friction fit hinges are so tight. I took it upon myself to open up the hinges now they close like a normal door I couldn’t stand them
            2020 Momentum 25G
            2017 F250 gasser
            Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

Mine are very very tight hate them and may do what you did. I do have the latch to hold it open
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

You will see how they roll the hinges and they will be a seam you simply get a screwdriver and a hammer and gradually open the seam just like in any other hinge
                2020 Momentum 25G
                2017 F250 gasser

Comment

TedS In our case, not lubricating appears to have led to self destruction. At least for the middle hinge. Waiting for a replacement now.
                  2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
                  Traded 2021 Reflection 337
                  2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
                  Formerly M&K337

Comment

That would be the unintended consequence of friction. Wear. Like brakes and friction clutches.
                    I must claim ignorance understanding the mechanism of how this hinge friction is created. I know I have bent hinge pins to create a little drag in house door hinges.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I wonder if the instances of excess stiffness or apparent friction may be due to hinge misalignment.
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I believe they did it for the simple fact of keeping the door from slamming open from wind
                        2020 Momentum 25G
                        2017 F250 gasser

Comment

I love my friction hinges. When they start getting real tight I had a little lube working back and forth and they work like brand new. They're still stiff and don't let the door swing but it's still very easy to open and close.

Comment

Working...
                          X