Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awning motor broke, then again maybe not - lessons learned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning motor broke, then again maybe not - lessons learned!

2021 337 awning over slide stopped working. We put it out but it wouldn’t retract. Motor made no sound. First time we had it out since we purchased our RV. Started looking through this forum for ideas and then read owners manual and found info on manual override. Forgot the battery powered drill so it was a manual process with the socket/wrench. We still had a little way to go during the slow retract process (took some breaks because the arms hurt from keeping them raised) and we started looking at the wiring for the awning. There is a black wrapped cable that goes to the motor, and started messing with it ensuring it was plugged in. It is on the inside of one of the arms. Then pressed the inside awning power button, and it went in by itself. Hooray! Millions of things went through our minds while it was not working, like call GD, call mobile tech, disassemble entire awning,etc. Our guess is that when the awning went out, the cable disconnected from the motor, but not sure. Lesson learned, check the simple stuff first.
    Elke and Heinz
    2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

LOL. I can't tell you how many times I have jumped to the most difficult problem solving attempt first. I'm glad you found it.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X