Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint chips on front cap of Imagine 2600RB

Hello All:

We have a 2021 Imagine 2600RV and have noticed that after the first couple of trips we have 20-30 paint chips within the dark color on the nose cap where the Imagine decal is located. The primary white body paint shows through from under the dark paint making them pretty visible. I have mud flaps on the tow vehicle, and we have yet to go off road, so I don't believe it is caused by debris being kicked up from towing (chips are very high on the face of the nose cap, way above the plastic guard that is designed to protect from rock chips).

Anyone else experiencing this and have come up with a good solution? I was wondering about that clear film that you see on newer cars that supposedly protects your paint from just such issues. I'm not sure how easy it would be to apply to the complex shape of the nose cap. Of course then I need to figure out how to do the touch-up so it looks decent prior to adding the protective film. Also, the other thing Click image for larger version

Name:	NoseCap.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	61305that I noticed is that the white body paint on the nose cap is in pristine condition. It's just the dark color in the middle that doesn't seem to be as durable.
    Guy and Ginger Lauziere
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Ford F-150 4WD/Crew Cab 3.5L Ecoboost
    Equal-i-zer 4 point 1,000/10,000lb

Good morning Guy. I'm not sure what else you can do to protect it. But if you contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679, they can probably give you the color code so you can get a small container of touch up paint.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I'm pretty sure the cap is a basecoat/clearcoat paint. With a small piece of a paint stick and some ultra-fine sandpaper you can touch up the chip in stages with black then do a final fill with clear. From there, sand flat with ultra-fine or 1000 grit wrapped around a piece of paint stick or wooden block. Do not sand without a sanding block like the paint stick since you will never get it flat by hand alone. Follow up with a polish and buff. It looks like you may need some rock tamers or other flaps to prevent flying debris.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X