Roof coming off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarberArias View Post

I added the second strip primarily because I couldn't get the membrane back under the nose cap. I think the reason It fail was because all the screws holding the original trim failed. So hopefully with everything I have done it give me better hold.
    Josh
    Can you post a picture or link to the metal trim your talking about that you used?
    Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

So, I did the same repair as described in this thread. I went to inspect my work today and found the the roof wrinkled more then when I had finished the repair. Strange, it was like the adhesive under the membrane had released. Shortly after that I discovered something new. Under the rear of the forward AC were a hole and L shaped tear in the membrane that lined up with the structure on the AC unit. Only one sad explanation. The adhesive has let go and at highway speeds the roof balloons up with air under it and rubs against the bottom of the AC unit. #$&*&$%@!!!!!! And$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Was just on the roof of my 2022 gd reflection. Front and back lap seals all peeling and cracked at the joint. Front cap area screws broken cap separating and lifted. All was good 2 months ago. Same as has been said by others bought a gd because I believed they had better quality control but clearly not.

Comment

Working...
        X