Do you have bubbles in your roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have bubbles in your roof?

I've had my trailer almost a month and a half , the day after picking it up I went up on the roof and noticed bubbles on the roof .I called GD and then sent pictures of it to them and waited for a reply but never got one and after 3 calls with no response i emailed them and sent pictures again and just received a response saying [most of our builds have what you have as far as bubbles /wrinkles]. Does everyone else have bubbles on there roofs?
    2021 Imagine 2610ML
    2021 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4WD Crew Cab Duramax 6.6 liter Diesel Allison Transmission

Ours had those as well , still have some in places. Some of ours has laid down over the years others have shrunken.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by scraps View Post
      I've had my trailer almost a month and a half , the day after picking it up I went up on the roof and noticed bubbles on the roof .I called GD and then sent pictures of it to them and waited for a reply but never got one and after 3 calls with no response i emailed them and sent pictures again and just received a response saying [most of our builds have what you have as far as bubbles /wrinkles]. Does everyone else have bubbles on there roofs?
      I have a couple of 'bubbles' similar to what you have. One smaller and one probably about the same size. When the weather cools down the TPO will shrink and they go away. When it is warmer they reappear. As long as there isn't a hole in them they will keep the water out just as well if they had been glued down. Based on your picture, I would just ensure that the vent sealant is adhered well to the TPO where it appears your bubbles go under the sealant around the vent.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by scraps View Post
        IDoes everyone else have bubbles on there roofs?
        Not everyone, at least mine has no wrinkles or bubbles..... regardless of temps.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

scraps My 303 has a distinct hump along the entire length of both sides of the roof. I remember seeing something in the manual about it not being an issue though. Time will tell.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I just hope they don't cause a problem because of them being on both sides of the vent.
            2021 Imagine 2610ML
            2021 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4WD Crew Cab Duramax 6.6 liter Diesel Allison Transmission

Comment

Not enough glue evenly applied.

Comment

Recently while traveling in Michigan, I approached a fellow where the roof on his Solitude was being shredded. Flagged him down where he pulled off in a rest area to investigate. Hope you got this sorted out friend if your on the forum.

Small bubbles should not be an issue but if the TPO is loose over a large area. the lift created will pull it from the roof while traveling.

Jim
                Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X