Awning Motor Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning Motor Cover

Has anyone else lost their plastic motor cover for their awning? Have heard this is not an uncommon occurrence but need to find one to order and replace the one Ilost.

I replaced one half earlier this year. I hit a tree branch and broke the snap tabs that held one half to the other. I found the part online. There are two different style covers. I'll try to find where I sourced the part.

If you have a Dometic awing, search for dometic awning end covers.

on edit: probably a Solera awning.

https://store.lci1.com/shop-by-depar...over%2FOverlay
    Last edited by TedS; 07-29-2021, 01:39 PM.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I brought out the awning for the first time and the front cover was cracked. I don't remember hitting anything so I just Duct taped it up. They do seem very fragile.
      Jeff & Pam
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Yes, I too lost one on an apple tree that I did not see in a narrow driveway in Shelton, WA. We stopped to buy oysters at Taylor Seafood in April on our maiden voyage, first day out. The trailer scraped this poor apple tree in the driveway that had obviously been hit many times before. Anyway the big black plastic cover on the non-motor end was wiped off in the event. I went back three weeks later on the way home and asked if anyone found the cover, they had not. So I ordered the front and back cover from Solera and had no issues installing it. The only thing hurt was my pride. I think if they were any more robust there would have been more damage. There is something to be said for sacrificial decorations. I am lucky it did not wipe out the awning, the slide roller or even worse the roof membrane or windows and trim. I keep any eye out now for such obstructions in driveways.
        Vic and Barb
        2021 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Woody1960 View Post
          Has anyone else lost their plastic motor cover for their awning? Have heard this is not an uncommon occurrence but need to find one to order and replace the one Ilost.
          On mine one of the covers was cracked on delivery. Didn't notice it until at home. Contacted dealer who got ahold of GD, they replaced under warranty.
          2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

2017 Solitude 379FLS; lost my right side awning motor cover. Tried the GD webpage and the link above; can not find a part number or source for the part. Any help would be appreciated.
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
            2017 Solitude 379FLS

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
              2017 Solitude 379FLS; lost my right side awning motor cover. Tried the GD webpage and the link above; can not find a part number or source for the part. Any help would be appreciated.
              Is the awning's OEM Dometic, Lippert, or Carefree? The model should be on the unit. (Most likely Dometic, but better to know than guess.)

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mine is Solera by Carefree. Here is a manual with parts.

Awning_ccd-0002589.pdf
                Ted
                2021 Reflection 310RLS
                2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Amazon has those covers. $24.
                  USN Engineer Retired
                  2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
                  2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

I actually just replace one of mine. Lippert's price was crazy high but found the same one on Amazon for like $25.
                    John and Karyn
                    Hillsboro, Oregon
                    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Comment

Yes, we lost 1/2 of a cover to a tree branch. Looked at GD parts list for description and brand, found the part on Amazon. Pretty easy and not too $$.
                      John and Karyn
                      Hillsboro, Oregon
                      2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Comment

I found the replacement cover for the front motor drive side, but haven’t been able to locate the rubber grommet. Anyone know where to get one?
                        thank you!

Comment

Not that you need this many, but https://www.amazon.com/125pc-Sizes-R...s%2C138&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Flush-Mount-B...%2C109&sr=8-18

See if you can get a description and part number off the LCI website for the Grommet you need. From there might be able to track one down on Amazon.
                          Last edited by Jlawles2; 01-15-2024, 01:41 PM.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I’m looking for the grommet also🤷
                            Rich

Comment

Working...
                            X