Best Way to Repair Exterior Wall with Additional Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Repair Exterior Wall with Additional Coating

Upon purchase, we went with the additional exterior coating package offered by our dealer, a simple spray-on hardener to help protect the surface of the exterior.

So, on a recent trip, the outside dually tire picked up a bolt and launched it through the front exterior wall on the driver's side while on the highway. The bolt was still hanging from the hole after I found the flat tire.

My question is, how can I repair this back to near-original condition? Is there a specific material or procedure? I used some Henry's to temporarily seal the hole, but I need a more permanent solution. Ideas, thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Please assume that if I’m asking, I’ve already searched the manual.
    2010 Ram 3500 6.7L I6 T-Diesel DRW | 2021 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M-R

Originally posted by Ellis32198 View Post
    Upon purchase, we went with the additional exterior coating package offered by our dealer, a simple spray-on hardener to help protect the surface of the exterior.

So, on a recent trip, the outside dually tire picked up a bolt and launched it through the front exterior wall on the driver's side while on the highway. The bolt was still hanging from the hole after I found the flat tire.

My question is, how can I repair this back to near-original condition? Is there a specific material or procedure? I used some Henry's to temporarily seal the hole, but I need a more permanent solution. Ideas, thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    That material is aluminum. You could use a 2 part epoxy and glue a small patch on the inside making sure that you get the outside as smoot as possible. Then a little body work and paint should be all that is needed.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

That material is aluminum. You could use a 2 part epoxy and glue a small patch on the inside making sure that you get the outside as smoot as possible. Then a little body work and paint should be all that is needed.

Brian
      Thanks for the reply Brian. The material is some type of plastic or fiberglass.
      Please assume that if I’m asking, I’ve already searched the manual.
      2010 Ram 3500 6.7L I6 T-Diesel DRW | 2021 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M-R

Comment

Ellis32198 If it's some type of FIber or plastic material, then you could use a 2 part epoxy still or even MarineTex (http://marinetex.com/products/marine...x-epoxy-putty/) to patch then paint to match.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X