Vent Covers (Bees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Covers (Bees)

So, my DW purchased this kit from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083JVPBYJ...roduct_details

It works great with the exception that the refrigerator covers are the wrong size. If anyone knows how to remedy - please let me know.

Here are some pics of the product installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210801_230538569.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	62375

Name:	PXL_20210801_230549172.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	62376

Name:	PXL_20210801_230535200.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	62378
    Attached Files
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

bellis Note that they make different sizes for the refers. I think I have bought all 3 of the most common sizes. There are 2 ways to order REF screens, one is by the MFG of the Ref, the other is by the size of the openings. I have had to trim mine to make them fit properly also.

Side note, if the screens are too long or too wide, side cutting pliers can be used to trim them to fit.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

bellis Those covers look good. For our reefer I bought hardware cloth, cut, bent and fit as needed on our last t.t. If you're going to stop the majority of bee's etc. don't forget the top of the reefer vent/chimeny and the tank vents. The screens work, however I would verify that there is still sufficient airflow for proper operation of the appliances. I had a screen on a water heater get enough spider webs and poplar cotton on it to cause a problem in just a matter of days one time. I know this seems unlikely but I am the guy that if something weird can happen it does.

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        bellis Note that they make different sizes for the refers. I think I have bought all 3 of the most common sizes. There are 2 ways to order REF screens, one is by the MFG of the Ref, the other is by the size of the openings. I have had to trim mine to make them fit properly also.

Side note, if the screens are too long or too wide, side cutting pliers can be used to trim them to fit.
        Thanks Joseph....will let the DW know.

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
        bellis Those covers look good. For our reefer I bought hardware cloth, cut, bent and fit as needed on our last t.t. If you're going to stop the majority of bee's etc. don't forget the top of the reefer vent/chimeny and the tank vents. The screens work, however I would verify that there is still sufficient airflow for proper operation of the appliances. I had a screen on a water heater get enough spider webs and poplar cotton on it to cause a problem in just a matter of days one time. I know this seems unlikely but I am the guy that if something weird can happen it does.

Dave
        I could definitely see that happening! Thanks all!
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

For the hot water heater cover i bought some steel door screen at the local hardware and attached it on the inside of the door and held it in place with some small wire. worked great.
          Bryan & Shelia
          2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
          2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

I did as you on the water heater and heater exhaust. I hung two dog flea and tick collars on the bottom vent cover for the refrigerator. Seems to keep them out.
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

The appliance makers claim we should not use these screens but we like many others use them. I've not had any issues with these but the appliances may be running hotter or less efficient. I've not ran any tests on that but am happy in how the appliances operate.

Jim
              Last edited by Guest; 09-12-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X