Anyone use Andersen Jack Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Andersen Jack Blocks

Dose anyone use andersen jack blocks? Andersen 3608 Trailer Jack Block | Bumper Superstore

No -

I saw these in the store recently and a lot of folks seem to be using them.
    I use a block of wood...

That site/link you posted say
    • Eliminates nearly all movement and sway in parked RV's and trailers
    If anyone does use these, can they give some insight to this claim, as well?
    Seen any improvement?

(Note, I have a travel trailer)

Thanks
    Grand Design-Imagine
    2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

Comment

Ed Pauly , Chipster , I have been using the Anderson blocks and overall I do like them. They are bulky to store but lighter than the equivalent number of wooden blocks to reduce the distance in extending the landing legs and stabilizing jacks. I still felt plenty of sway before installing the BAL lock-arm stabilizing bars so the statement that they eliminate "nearly all movement" is a stretch IMHO.
      Brian
      2017 Silverado 2500 HD diesel
      2018 Reflection 230RL

Comment

We use them - always for the front and in the rear when they fit. Magnets hold them to the feet, and I cut 16” squares of 3/4” stall mat to go under each - prevents rocks from breaking the plastic base edges. They are very stable, lightweight and easy to store - I stack all 4.
        2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
        1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
        2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

We've had a positive experience with them when we winter in Texas on a level concrete pad. That is the only time I typically use them except at home , then I use them on the front landing gear.
          2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
          2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Ed Pauly We have found that the wheel locks that expand between the two tires are the most effective at stopping the movement in a t.t.. The majority of movement is fore and aft. The only caveat is to be cautious of how much pressure is applied while placing them. Too much could mess with alignment.

Dave
            flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
              Dose anyone use andersen jack blocks? Andersen 3608 Trailer Jack Block | Bumper Superstore
              I’ve concluded that there are too many alternatives that do a great job and they are not 45 bucks for an upside down plastic HD bucket. Proceed with caution.
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
              GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
              SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

I bought a pair used and place them under the front jacks of our 5th wheel. Pretty convenient and replaces the wood blocks I used previously. I did not notice any significant difference in movement of the 5th wheel when walking around.
                John & Cindy
                2019 303 RLS
                2018 F250

Comment

Use one on my jack, works great, far better than the blocks of wood I use to use. A good investment. Have a 30 foot GD travel trailer.
                  2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Comment

I use them on the front of my 303rls and love them. I do have a 3/4 plywood pad I put them on when on gravel. Others have cracked them and I think its because they dig in when lowering and rasing. No problems as of now
                    2021 Reflection 303RLS
                    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Pauly View Post
                      If you decide to by them don't buy from that dealer link you posted. The reviews from that dealer are horrible for not filling orders timely and not refunding. Buy directly from Andersen https://andersenhitches.com/search?type=product&q=3608
                      BE AWARE: Even manufacture shows "ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME: UP TO 5 WEEKS"

Comment

thanks for the info WallMart looks like the best price..

Comment

No. I use the rubber step pads. you affix them to the bottom of your jack feet and they stay attached. l`ve talked to a lot of people who said that the anderson blocks were bad to break. I get mixed reviews. With the step pads you don`t have to worry about storing them.
                          Bryan & Shelia
                          2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
                          2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

Use four on the rear jacks. Tried the front, but seemed to mess with the auto leveling. Would not let the front go down far enough at beginning of auto level. Still have sway in the RV. Maybe some improvement. Also use wheel chocks which probably help more.

Comment

We have used them since we picked up our 337 two years ago. They are easy to use and I have no problems storing them in the RV. I purchased four but have only needed to use them on the front legs. I also heard stories about failure but no issues so far and that is with quite a few trips. Have used them on gravel without any additional padding. One thing to be aware of regarding the magnets. They tend to corrode pretty fast and are a pain to replace when corroded. The small screw holding the magnets in the bottom tend to strip pretty easy as well. Anderson has sent me out replacement magnets with screws at no charge.
                              Mark & Ellen
                              2020 Reflection 337RLS
                              2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X